About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, February 21, 2022

Just A Note

 Hello,

I love the colors of pink and navy together, the current Color Hues challenge, so I wanted to be sure to play along. Lots of options I thought of to make my card. I decided on geometric and flowers.

All stamped images are from Pink Fresh Studio. This flower stamp set has layering stencils to color them, and dies to cut them out. 

My card is a mini slimline style.



Using my Misti, I stamped the background using the PFS Nested Diamond Background stamp, alternating sections using GKD Navy and Dusty Rose inks. Once the background was completed, I cut it out using the stitched die from the GKD Master Layouts 7 dies set. I also cut the mat die from GKD navy card stock.

Next I stamped one of the six flower stamps from the PFS Beautiful Blooms stamp set, four times, using GKD navy ink. I used the layered stencils to color the images with GKD Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose and navy inks using blending brushes. After cutting them out using the set dies, I arranged three of the cutouts over the background. I used the fourth by cutting out two of the flowers and arranging them over the sentiment oval in the center of the card. The sentiment is from the same set as the flowers. Finally, I added pink and crystal gems for embellishments.

I kept the inside very simple, using a sentiment from another Pink Fresh Studio stamp set and cutting the panels with the GKD Master Layouts 7 dies.



Thanks for stopping by my blog,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: All Pink Fresh Studio, Nested Diamond Background, Beautiful Blossoms, and Modern Layered Florals
Paper: Gina K Designs Heavy White, Layering White, Navy card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Navy ink 
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 7 die set, Pink Fresh Studio Beautiful Blossoms dies and Layering Stencils, Gina K Designs blending brushes, Misti, Gemini Jr, SU  Oval and Scalloped Oval punches, and SU Dimensionals, Trinity gems

3 comments:

  1. Colleen what a lovely card, the chevrons and the pink and navy flowers create a beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Colleen, This is just as pretty as can be! I just love how well the card background matches the flowers and later realized as I read that you made the background too. I am so impressed! This is amazing! Thanks for playing along with Color Hues and making the colors shine! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card, Colleen! So very pretty! I love the background for these beautiful florals!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!