About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Our Friendship Is Magic

 Hello,

I hope all are well and having a good weekend. I'm sure many are gearing up for the big game today. I'm not much of a football fan, but we are heading over to a friend's house to watch. It will just be their family and us, so not really a party. I know there will be good food.

Today, I have my card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. I seem to be into ink blending these days, whether using stencils or blending colors for backgrounds. For this card, I channeled laurafadora. Rainbows!





I started be tearing some Masking Magic and laying it down onto my card base with a sufficient space to accomodate the flower stamps I planned to use for the silhouette stamping. Using blending brushes and GKD inks, I blended the rainbow. I removed the masking papers, and cut the postage stamp die from the center, then put the masking paper back in place and stamped the flowers across the rest of the rainbow. This panel is layered onto a black card base. After stamping the greeting on the die cut postage stamp, I popped it up in it's original place using foam squares.

To color the flower, I used the corners of GKD ink cubes so I could ink each petal in a different color, going around in rainbow order.  This is also popped up with foam squares and I added a black enamel dot to the center of the flower.

Here's a look at the inside of this card. Keeping with the rainbow theme, I colored the petals with Copics. I masked the flower and stamped the leaves so the green is in it's rainbow order.



Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Gina K Designs stamp sets: Stained Glass Flowers, Fancy Flowers Mini, Painted Blossoms
GKD card stock, white layering weight and black onyx
GKS Inks: Black Onyx, Red Hot, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Grass Green, Blue Raspberry, Wild Wisteria, Passionate Pink, 
Copic Markers
GKD Maste Layouts 1 and 4 die sets, GKD blending brushes
Misti, Gemini Jr, GKD Foam Squares, enamel dot



2 comments:

  1. What a fun use of the sketch!! I love the stripe of vivid colors crossing across the entire front! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pretty rainbow color card will brighten anyone's day! I love how cheerful it is. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!