About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Spring Card Camp 2020 Day 1 Cards

Happy Easter Sunday,

I signed up for the Spring Card Camp 2020 and yesterday was the first class taught by Jennifer McGuire. She taught us how to make a faux embossing folder using heat embossing. I decided to try using a large outline flower stamp from Concord and 9th to make my projects. In my post today are the 4 panels that I made following Jennifer's instructions and then my finished cards. I was able to get the panels completed yesterday and the completed cards finished today.

Here is a picture of the four panels. The heat embossed panel that was used as my faux embossing folder is the panel in the lower right with the white EP.


After running the other three panels through my Gemini Jr using the sandwich for embossing with dies, I used a sponge ink blending tool to blend a slightly darker ink than the card stock over the embossed area. This helps the image pop. On the pink and purple panels I'm using the recessed side and on the blue, the raised side.

Here are pictures of the four finished cards, first together then individually.



Front and inside of the purple card.



Front and inside of the blue card.



Front and inside of pink card. The sketch for this card comes from the current Sunday Stamps Challenge.




Front and inside of heat embossed card.



This was a super fun technique to learn and an interesting way to stretch our stamps to use as backgrounds. 

Class #2 is being taught by Kristina Werner. I've watched the video and I plan to do my stamping later this evening.

Thanks for stopping in, and have a good Sunday evening,
Colleen

Supplies
Fine Line Florals by Concord & 9th for the embossed images
email me if you would like to know the other specific supplies used to make my cards



1 comment:

  1. These turned out so lovely. Good choice of image for embossing and excellent execution.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!