About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

HBD

Hello and happy Hump Day,

I had to go out to see a hospital customer today so I'm late getting some more post done for cards I've made over the last few days for the Spring Card Camp. I've been skipping around since I'm about 4 days behind, but that's okay. I'll eventually do all of the techniques.

This post has Day 8 cards. The teacher was Kathy Zielske, and the lesson was to make a shaker card with  a word die, and then use the negative cutout to make a second card. I looked through all my dies and the ones that are words are very small and I didn't think they would work for the shaker. What to do? I used alphabet dies and a couple of rectangle dies instead and it worked pretty well.

The front of both cards are inked with Hero Arts birthday stencils with Distress Oxide inks. These were super fun to make.



Kathy used watercolor paper and brushed Distress Ink in 4 colors over an area to cover the die being used, so that is what I did. After drying the panel with a heat tool, I cut it out with the stitched rectangle die. Then I centered the three letters and cut them out. After putting the shaker elements together, I cut a slightly larger rectangle from the card front then glued the shaker in place. The cutout letters are used on the second card. Love how colorful these turned out.

Thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts Party set and Hero stencils
Paper: TE bright yellow and green card stock, Neenah Solar white card stock, Bristol watercolor paper
Ink: Distress and Distress Oxide inks, Memento tuxedo black
Other: Die-namics lower case alphabet  and Stitched Rectangle dies, Misti, Gemini Jr, water brush, enamel dots, foam tape, sequins for shaker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!