About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, April 20, 2020

Shell-abrate Your Inner Mermaid


Hi peeps,

A quick post for the cards I made for Day 9 of the Spring Card Camp 2020. This class was taught by Channin Pelletier and it was all about using stencils and Distress Oxide inks to get two card panels.

I used a Gina K stencil to make my cards. The second, watercolor panel turned out rather light, but still usable as a background for this mermaid tail stamped image from Ellen Hutson.

Both cards use the same focal image, with different sentiments on the outside of the card. On the watercolor panel card, the sentiment is heat embossed with white EP. On the ink blended card, the sentiment is stamped on velum with black ink. I did use that little trick that Channin showed, sandwiching the velum between extra die cuts. I will definitely be using that more often. To finish the cards, I added some clear glass beads to the ink blended panel and some sequins to the watercolor panel.



Here is the inside sentiment, used for both cards.



This was a fun technique to learn. I think I may give it another go.
Thanks for looking,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Inner Meremaid set by Julie Ebersole for Ellen Hutson
Paper: SU Whisper White and Coastal Cabana card stock, Bristol watercolor paper, Vellum card stock
Ink: Distress Oxide ink in various blue shades, VersaMark, Memento tuxedo black, Zig Real Brush water color markers
Other: Gina K Water Droplets stencil, Inner Mermaid set dies, Die-namics Rounded Corner Stitched Rectangle die, clear glass beads, blue sequins, Misti, Gemini Jr, liquid glue, ink blending tool, white embossing powder, heat tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!