About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Best Wishes and Hey, Honey

 Hi peeps,

I had a very light day today for work. Love when that happens, especially when the past couple of weeks have been very busy with some long days. I have a couple of cards to share today that I made on Sunday afternoon that use this week's Paper Players Challenge sketch. Ann has a very fun sketch this week and I had a few ideas for it. Along with Ann's sketch, one of the cards uses the Have a Slice color theme for the current Sunday Stamps challenge.

Here are the cards together. The flower card uses SU stamps and papers. The bee themed card uses hero arts supplies from the Hero January kit.






For the SU flower card, I've used the very pretty DSP called Flower Field with the A Touch of Ink stamp set. I fussy cut the images after stamping. (wish these had dies!) The fussy cut images are glued to a double stitched GKD circle die, that is stamped with the small dots from the SU set.  I added a bow tied from red & gold Baker's twine. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and it's heat embossed in white EP and cut with a strip die that I notched one end to make a flag. The DSP is cut with the GKD stitched die from her Master Layout 2 die set. (I think I use this die on 90% of my cards now!) I added some small gold circles from SSS on the die cut circle for embellishment.



Here's the very simple inside, stamped with an image from the SU Happiest of Birthdays stamp set.





For the second card, I stamped the Hero Arts Bees and Flowers background stamp with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with white EP, then blended three inks over it with blending brushes. It is also cut out with the stitched die from the GKD Master Layouts 2 die set and matted with the other die in the set with gold paper. I used the Hero Arts Infinity Hexagon die set to cut the shapes from both the stamped panel and the mat, and then glued them to a white card base. Using the one of the same dies, I cut the hexagon from the top layer of the card base so that the bee can be seen through the hexagon. 



I stamped the small hexagon image from the Hero set on a white panel and cut it and a gold mat with the GKD Master Layouts 1 die set. The glittery bee is made by stamping the bee image wth black ink on some hero arts gold glitter paper. I wasn't sure it would work without smearing, but I heat set it and it seem to be permanent. I used the same sentiment strip idea on the outside of this card as on the first card.

On the inside, I added a friend for the glittery bee, this one stamped on yellow card stock, and a birthday sentiment.


I have a few more cards that I made in the evenings this week that I'll try to get posted in the next few days. Have a great Friday all, and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stampin' Up sets A Touch of Ink and Happiest of Birthdays, SU Flower Field DSP, Gina K Designs white and black card stock, Stitched Circle die, Master Layouts 2 dies, Wild Dandelion, Jelly Bean Green, Red Velvet ink, VersaMark ink, SSS white detail EP, heat tool, Misti, Gemini Jr, SU Dimensionals

Hero Arts January My Monthly Hero kit set and dies, Hero Bees & Flowers Background stamp, GKD Amalgam Black, Black Onyx, Wild Dandelion, Prickly Pear and Honey Mustard inks, Hero Infinity Hexagon dies, GKD white, Wild Dandelion and Prickly Pear card stock, Hero glittery yellow card stock, GKD Master Layouts 1 and 2 dies, VersaMark, SSS white detail EP, heat tool, Misti, Gemini Jr, SSS sequins, SU Dimensionals


6 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful Colleen! I love the clever design on the Bumble Bee card, with the window peeking inside. Thanks for inspiring us over at The Paper Players this week and hope your work load continues to be less! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Colleen! Gorgeous floral paper and sparkly bees...I am in LOVE with both of your cards. I love the peek-a-boo design and blingy bee on your second card. And you just can't beat the floral paper on your first. Thank you so much for sharing these at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bee! Love that sparkle, and your gorgeous coloring on the background is perfect! Thanks so much playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet cards! Love the background under the bee and the gold touches are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are gorgeous! I wish the Touch Ink had dies too! But you made a fantastically cut out flower for your card and the 2nd one is so so pretty with your blending over the adorable background stamp. LOVE them both. Thanks so much for playing along with Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of your cards, Colleen! But that sparkly bee steals the show, for sure. Super cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!