About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, March 5, 2021

Happy Easter, Happy Spring

 TGIF Peeps,

It's Friday! Yipee! 

I was very productive last night making cards and so I have two more to share with you all. Both of them use different color challenges.

This first one I made using the colors this week at The Color Throwdown blog. They are yellow, orange, green and white. I went for a Slimline card and used some fun stencils and dies from PinkFresh Studio.





The background is made using the Slimline Starburst stencil, blending brushes and Distress Oxide inks. The die is called Floral Harmony and I cut it out three times in three of the challenge colors then glued pieces in. Some the pieces are very tiny and it was sort of a challenge to do that part. I used the green and orange ovals to layer behind the yellow to pop up the oval in the center of the card instead of using foam tape. The greeting is from a SSS printed greeting bundle that I got several months ago. It's cut out with a GKD flag die. For embellishment, I added some bright green SSS sequins.


The second card uses similar colors and the challenge is from Sunday Stamps. Using Zig water markers, I applied each color to an acrylic block, spritzed it with water then "smooshed" it onto some Tim Holts water color paper. After drying the panel with my heat tool, I put it in my Misti and stamped the GKD Tulip stamp using black Star-On ink. The stamp is not as long as the panel so I made a mask for a few flowers on the end and then stamped the image again to fill across the panel.

The panel is cut out with the GKD Master Layouts 2 die and matted with black card stock. The greeting comes from the GKD set Welcome Home.

I added the SU orange twine and some SSS clear dots for embellishments.



I'd like to say that I'm going to be stamping more today, but my goal is to get my tax prep "stuff" gathered up and dropped off. Whatever you're doing, I hope it's more fun than that, LOL.

Thanks for looking in,

Colleen


Supplies

PinkFresh Studio Slimline Starburst stencils and Floral Harmony die, Kat Scrappiness Slimline Layering die, TE blending brushes, Distress Oxide inks in yellow and gold shades, SU white, Only orange, Green Galore card stock, SSS greeting, GKD Master Layout 4 flag die, SSS green sequins, Gemini Jr, Connect glue

Gina K Designs Spring Tulips and Welcome Home stamp sets, GKD white and black card stock, Tim Holts water color card stock, Zig Clean color brush markers, acrylic block, Tim Holts Spritz bottle, Staz-on black ink pad, Misti, GKD Master Layouts 2 dies, SU twine, SSS clear glass beads, Misti, Gemini Jr, Connect glue

4 comments:

  1. So, so pretty, Colleen - and one of my favorite coloring techniques! Such a beautiful background to set off those crocuses! Thanks so much playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background turned out great, Colleen! I've never tried that technique with Zigs, and I love how vibrant the colors are. Of course the crocus look so lovely stamped over the blended background. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an amazing background stencil! Love this beautiful take on the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen - that stencil! You did a great job with it. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!