About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, March 29, 2021

Wishing You A Happy Easter

 Hey Stampers,

Happy Monday. Yesterday I played around with something new to me, ink blending with Distress alcohol inks. I made a few simple backgrounds using a blending tool with felt. It was fun to see what several colors added together looked like. I only have a few inks so my palette was somewhat limited. I need to watch a few videos to see what other techniques work. 

After playing around with the alcohol inks, I went back to the familiar and made a card for this week's Paper Players Challenge. Anne Marie has a fun sketch for us. I pulled out the stamp sets from the latest Gina K Designs kit and some SU papers and made an Easter card.


 


I started with some SU papers, Whisper White and Basic Black card stock and a couple of patterns from the Designer Series Paper Sampler from last year. I cut the background paper and the black mat using the GKD Master Layouts 1 dies. The flower is stamped with GKD Black Onyx and colored with Polychromos colored pencils. I used gamsol and blending stumps to help with the shading. The sentiment is from another GKD stamp set from the same kit release. It is stamped with Black Onyx and cut out with a flag die from the GKD Master Layouts 4.

The stamp sets have birthday sentiments, but I wanted to use this card as an Easter card so I used a sentiment from the GKD Easter Blessings stamp set, which is the third stamp set from the kit. I added a smaller poppy flower and this time used the solid stamps with Passionate Pink ink for the flower and Soft Stone ink for the leaves. Using the Master Layouts 1 dies set, I cut the white panel and a Rose Red mat.


 

Back to the alcohol inks, here is a card one of the backgrounds that I made. This is the GKD Easter Blessings stamp set. I added many Pretty Pink Posh gems around the card. I think I'll send this one to my mom.



Thanks for checking in. Have a wonderful week!

Colleen


Supplies

Gina K Designs Forever Flowers, Lace Flowers and Easter Blessings stamp sets, Master Layouts 1 and 4 die sets, Forever Flowers dies, Black Onyx and Passionate Pink inks, Faber Castel colored pencils, gamsol, blending stumps, SU Whisper White, Basic Black, and Rose Red card stocks, SU DSP sampler, Misti, Gemini Jr

Tim Holtz Distress alcohol inks, blending tool, felt, Yuppo glossy paper, GKD Black Onyx ink, Easter Blessing stamp set, Master Layouts 4 die set, Pretty Pink Posh gems, GKD Heavy Weight white card stock, Misti, Gemini Jr


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous colors, Colleen! Wowza! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!