About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 28, 2021

#Friends

 Hello and Happy Sunday,

I read this Jennifer McGuire post and watched the video a few evenings ago and decided to give it a try using some background stamps and stencils that I already have. I had a ton of fun, got very inky fingers and made about 6 backgrounds. Some turned out pretty well, others, not so much. 

Here are two cards that I made using a couple of the backgrounds that I liked.


For the blue card, I used the Altenew Swiss dots background stamp and on the jungle card, the very old SU Leopard Print background stamp. The large polkadots are made using another very old SU stencil. I did use Distress inks as Jennifer recommended. I only have ink cubes, hence the inky fingers. Also, she recommends using the new domed sponge applicators and I only have the flat ones. After finishing the inking with the stencil on each, I used a large Altenew round blending brush to brush on some background color, this time using a couple of Gina K regular size dye ink pads.

In Jennifer's instructions, she shows that the technique can be done with either white craft ink or with VersaMark ink. On the blue card, the Swiss Dots stamp is stamped using Hero Unicorn craft ink. On the yellow card, the Leopard background stamp is stamped with VersaMark.

Here are each of the cards. The jungle card uses this week's Freshly Made Sketches layout. The bottom is made using a Taylored Expressions grass border die cut from SU black card stock. The images are from Lawn Fawn, colored with Copics and cut out with their dies. I heat embossed the sentiment.


 

On this second card, I used a large flower die. I cut it 3 times from white card stock and glued it to the center of the card. The sentiment is stamped with GKD Black Onyx, a few times to make it nice and dark, then heat embossed with 3 layers of clear EP. Using a N2 Copic, I shaded over the scored lines in the flower and used BV06 and Y04 Copics in the center of the flower. The sentiment and the butterfly images are from the SSS Beautiful Butterflies stamp set.



After playing with this technique, I decided to order some domed applicators and, of course, while I was on the SSS site, I ordered some of the newly released stamps and stencils. I couldn't resist! I'll try this again when my new goodies arrive, and I do have a few more backgrounds that I can use on cards from this first attempt. 

Have an awesome Sunday! Thanks for looking in,

Colleen

Supplies

Lawn Fawn Wild for You and Critters in the Jungle stamp sets and dies, Altenew Swiss Dots Background stamp, Stampin' Up Leopard Print Background stamp, Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Butterflies stamp set and dies, large flower die, Stampin' Up large polkadot stencil, Distress ink cubes, Gina K Designs dye ink pads, Tim Holts ink blender and foam pads, Taylored Expressions Grass Border die,  GKD  layering weight white card stock, SU Black card stock,  GKD Black Onyx ink, Hero Arts Unicorn white craft ink, VersaMark, clear embossing powder, Wagoner heat tool, Misti, Gemini Jr, Pretty Pink Posh gems, Copics, GKD Master Layouts 1 and 2 dies, black and gold sequins, Connect liquid glue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!