About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Happy Birthday

 Hello to all,

I hope everyone had a relaxing holiday yesterday. Our good friends hosted a birthday party for Mr. Personal Chef at their house. It was just their family and us with some good food and good wine. Plus, it was an afternoon party, and we were home by 6:00 pm. Today, I had lunch with a former co-worker and his wife. They are both retired too, so we had an extended lunch to catch up. I worked with him for all of my 30 year career, and it was great to catch-up with them.

Because it was an early party yesterday, I was able to start on a card for this week's Paper Players Challenge, and I finished it this afternoon.  Ann has a fun Tac-tac-toe challenge for us this week. I went with the diagonal of floral, birthday, circle.






The background, focal image outline and sentiment are all hot foiled. I have the Gemini hot foil system and it's very easy to use, however, since I don't pull it out often, I sometimes have to do a couple of tries before I get a good foil. But, it's still pretty fun and somewhat addicting, LOL.

The focal image is a Pink Fresh Studio set that has the hot foil plate, die and layering stencils. The daisy image comes as a wreath, but I cut it apart and used the circle as a grounding point. Because the foiling is bright and shiny, I decided to use pastel shades of ink with the stencil.

I used one of the flowers of the layering stencils on the inside and paired it with a Gina K Designs stamp for the sentiment.



On Friday morning I'm driving up to Northern California to spend most of June with my mom so tomorrow I will start deciding what crafting supplies I'm going to take with me. I usually end up filling my car with stamps, dies and all of the other things needed to make cards. My mom always rolls her eyes as I'm unpacking everything.

Thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Fancy Flowers Mini set by Gina K Designs (inside sentiment)
Hot Foiling supplies: Daisy Wreath by PinkFresh Studio, Yana's Sentiments by Spellbinders, Triple Line Diamond Foil Plate by Waffleflower, Spellbinders Glimmer Copper colored Foil, Gemini Hot Foil System,
Stencils: Daisy Wreath Layering Stencils by PinkFresh Studio
Card stock: Gina K Designs Layering weight white, Black Onyx and Innocent Pink
Ink: Gina K Designs Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Applement, Lemon Drip, Black Onyx
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 & 2 die sets, Gina K Designs double and single stitched circle dies, Gemini Jr, Pretty Pink Posh pink gems, Connect liquid glue, blending brushes

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Colleen! The hot foil background is the perfect backdrop for these beautiful flowers. The inside is just as lovely as the outside. Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen, I' hoping you packed plenty of supplies as I love the cards that you share with us! This card is so pretty-in-pink and I love the foiling! Like you, I need to remember to pull out that Glimmer machine more often. The floral wreath and circle make this a great layout. I'm so glad that you played along this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!