About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Spring Card Camp 2022 - Day 2 Card

 Hi all,

I have one more post for this evening with a card that I made after watching the Day 2 instructions. Day 2 class techniques are the Joseph's Coat technique using stencils. Class instruction by Cathy Z., and Jessica Frost-Ballas. Cathy showed the traditional Joseph's Coat technique with a single stencil and Jessica stepped it up with layering stencils. I haven't tried it yet, but I will.

For my traditional JC technique card, I used a new-ist SSS stencil called Fanfare. I think most crafters use stencils with larger open areas to blend the dark ink through, but I wanted to try this one with smaller lines. I really like the result and with the background ink colors, the panel has a very art deco look.  The colors are from this week's Sunday Stamps Challenge.



=

The skyscraper/city die is Cityscape B from Altenew. I cut it once from dark blue card stock and once from red card stock so I piece the blue into the red outlines. The Hello die is from Gina K Designs. I blended Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass ink on white card stock before cutting it to match the lighter blue in the blended background. I cut the word three times to stack for dimension and cut the shadow die from vellum. The strip sentiment is from the SSS Spring In My Step stamp set. It's stamped with GKD Red Velvet ink and cut out with a GKD Sentiment Strip die.

The blended inks on the background are Distress Oxide Candied Apple, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, Tumbled Glass and a very light application of Black Soot around the edges. After drying the blended inks with a heat tool, I placed the Fanfare stencil over and blended GKD Black Onyx with a blending brush. I really love how the background turned out. 

Thanks, and enjoy your tomorrow!
Colleen


Supplies
Stencil: Simon Says Stamp Fanfare
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Spring In My Step set
Paper: Gina K Designs heavy white, Blue Denim, Red Velvet, Layering weight white
Ink: Distress Oxide and Gina K Designs Black Onyx and Red Velvet
Dies: Gina K Designs Hello with shadow, Sentiment Strip, and Altenew Cityscape B cover plate



4 comments:

  1. Wow, Colleen, this is fabulous! What a cool background, and fabulous layers! You have such a way with vellum, too - brava! Love this colorful skyline! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, this is so fantastic! I love the beautiful background and the red and blue buildings! The vellum behind this bold sentiment is terrific, too! So glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a great skyline, and this one is perfect! I love that you used a fun technique for the background. I'll have to check out the Card Camp. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've showcased that stencil so beautifully, Colleen, and created a lovely background! It definitely brings an art deco feel to the card behind the cityscape. Terrific card and I'm so glad you shared with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!