About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Oh, Ale Yes!

Hello peeps,

I used LeAnne's sketch from this week's The Paper Players challenge to make a birthday card for my oldest nephew. Like many in their twenty's, one of his favorite beverages is beer. He became a beer "connoisseur" a few years ago when he did a year of his college in Ecuador. (Besides the college thing, I think it's one of the safest things to drink.)

I received this new SU set with a recent order, and it proved timely to make his card. The card base is from a pre-packaged set of note cards and envelopes from the new SU catalog called Texture Chic. The look of the texture and colors is very nice IRL. The size is larger than an A2 card at 4.25 x 6.25 inches.




 


Most all supplies used to make this card are from SU. I used  Gina K ink cubes to stamp the images because her dye inks are Copic friendly and I knew I wanted to add some shading with Copics.

The Ale greeting is heat embossed and fussy cut to fit over the growler bottle, and I used a blending brush to blend brown ink around the edges. The second greeting was stamped prior to running the panel through an embossing folder.

Here is the inside. The sentiment is from an older SU birthday set and the beer mug from the beer set. Notice this is a late birthday card. I did call him and sent his usual birthday $$ via Venmo, so the important part arrived on his birthday, which was Sunday.



This Brewed For You set and dies is a fun one to use. I'm sure you'll see it more on this blog. 

Have a good rest of the week and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Brewed For you set & dies and Happiest Of Birthdays set both by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Texture Chic note cards, SU Soft Succulent, Soft Suede, Basic White card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Amalgam Black, Charcoal Brown, Soft Stone, Prickly Pear, Honey Mustard and Sweet Corn ink cubes, VersaMark, SU Soft Suede and Soft Succulent ink pads,  and Copics
Other:  Clear embossing powder, heat tool, SU Tasteful Textile embossing folder, SU Brushed Metallic enamel dots, Big Shot, SU Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. This is just PERFECT for a young guy....that mug of beer looks so realistic, it makes me want to take a sip..and I don't even drink beer! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch Colleen! Love that set and dies! Perfect masculine card!! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!