About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Sending Cheer

Happy Wednesday afternoon,

I made a couple of cards using Joanne's color theme for The Paper Players Challenge. One uses all SU products and the other uses SU card stock and a SSS image colored with colored pencils.

For the all SU card, the stamp set is new from the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog called Bottled Happiness. I stamped the images using the challenge colors and then did some fussy cutting. I made a wood grain background on the card base by scoring the card stock, then dragging a gray ink pad across the paper from both directions, then added a distress look by splattering the challenge colors over the panel with a paint brush. My layout uses the sketch from this week's Global Design Project Challenge.





I left the inside blank, but coordinated the layout with the outside of the cards.


 

The second card uses the SSS set called Mom's Spring Flowers. 






The image is colored with colored pencils. It's cut out with the set die. The navy background is embossed using a SSS cover plate, but it doesn't show up in the photo. Using some SSS mini-slimline rectangle dies, I made the Fresh Freesia frame. In fact, I made three and stacked them together. The sentiment is pre-printed, also from SSS and I blended Fresh Freesia ink over it with a blending brush.


Enjoy the rest of the week, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Bottled Happiness stamp set by Stampin' Up, SU Basic White, Night of Navy, Fresh Freesia, Granny Apple Green card stock, Night of Navy, Fresh Freesia, Granny Apple Green, Gray ink, SU sequins

Mom's Spring Flowers stamp set and dies by Simon Says Stamp, Gina K Designs Layering Weight White card stock, SU Night of Navy and Fresh Freesia card stock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Polychromos colored pencils, SSS Detail Bohemian Slim Cover Plate, SSS mini-slimline rectangles


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful cards, Colleen! Your coloring is gorgeous! I love the trio of bottles against the background. You have showcased the challenge colors perfectly on both cards. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous cards, Colleen! I love how you achieved the rustic look with the background on the first one, and then added a few sweet embellishments too! Your second card is colored masterfully and it's a beautiful design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Colleen! Love the background on the first one and the second one is so beautifully coloured too. Thanks for joining with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous!!!!!!!! I love them both! I love the little bottles and the gorgeous background! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!