About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

You're So Flocking Fabulous

 Happy Hump Day Peeps,

Hope everyone is having a good week. We've had some really nice sunny days so I've been putting in some walking miles along the beach. This morning I was able to watch a pod of Dolphins swimming just outside of the break. They are so beautiful.

My card today works for two challenges. Ive used the theme from this week's Paper Players Challenge and the sketch from the current Sunday Stamps Challenge.

Jaydee's theme challenge this week is to use birds or bees on our projects. I decided on birds and pulled out a couple of  fun sets from Honey Bee. The background papers are retired SU and make a perfect background for these colorful flamingos.







The flamingos and flowers are stamped with Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. I popped up the flamingo on the right with Dimensionals. I made a custom greeting by masking off words from a few of the stamps in the set, stamped them on different colors of SU card stock, and cut them out with a stitched flag die from the GKD ML 2 die set.

Here is the inside of the card. The Toucan and the greeting are from the same two Honey Bee sets and the heart die is GKD.



My walk this morning was an early one and the rest of my day will be watching a baseball double-header, due to a rainout yesterday, and of course, probably more stamping. 

Enjoy your day,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Birds of Paradise and Tropical Tweets stamp and die sets by Honey Bee
Paper: SU Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Blushing Bride, Basic White, Basic Black card stock and Playful Palette DSP (retired)
Ink: Mememto Tuxedo Black and Copics
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1, 2, 4, 5 die sets, Misti, Gemini Jr, SU Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Colleen,
    This is so cute! The flamingo are a great choice for this week's theme! Thanks for playing at the paper players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, Colleen, love this! I wasn't a huge fan of this DSP, but wow, it's so perfect for your vibrant card! Love your happy coloring! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, this is SOOO FUN! I love the bright, colorful background background for your sweet flamingos!!!!!! Just perfect! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players and Sunday Stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you certainly managed to get the "birds" part of the challenge! And in such a fun, colorful way! I love the happiness this card imparts! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bright, cheerful and "punny" card, Colleen! Love the tropical colors which work perfect with all your birds. How lovely you were able to stroll along the beach and see the pod of dolphins - what a thrill it must have been! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!