About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Hello & Spring Greetings

 Hi Crafty Peeps,

My crafty "mojo" has been elusive lately, but I did manage to get a couple of cards made using Joanne's sketch for the The Paper Players. 

The stamps for this first card are from the Concord & 9th Rooting For You set. The background is stenciled with a new-ish Gink K Designs stencil.





Here is the inside of the first card.


The second card uses images from the Gina K Designs Elegant Asters stamp set and the corresponding dies. This tine I used a SSS cover plate and some ink blending for the background, and added some elliptical shaped purple gems that I received as a free gift from Kat Scrappiness a few months ago.




The inside of this card.



Have a good day, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen


Supplies
Card 1
Stamps: Sew Pretty and Rooting For You sets from Concord & 9th
Paper: Gina K Designs card stock Layering Weight White and Fresh Asparagus
Ink: Gina K Designs Fresh Asparagus, Ocean Mist, Jelly Bean Green, Turquoise Sea, Charcoal Brown
Other: GKD Master Layouts 2 dies, GKD Bodacious Bloom Layering Stencil, blending brush, Misti, Gemini Jr

Card 2
Stamps: Elegant Asters and  Layered Carnation sets by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs card stock Lovely Lavender, Black Onyx and Layering Weight White
Ink: GKD Black Onyx, Lovely Lavender, Copics
Other: GKD Master Layouts 1 dies, Elegant Asters dies, SSS Detail Petal cover plate, blending brush, Kat Scrappiness gems, Misti, Gemini Jr

2 comments:

  1. I think both of your cards look great, Colleen, and I'm glad that our challenge helped kick start your creativity! I like the delicate wash of color on both of your cards. The greens on the first card are calming while the purple and yellow colors on the second card, combined with the fun-shaped gems, are more fun and playful. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your cards Colleen - looks like you're back in the game! Love the ink blending on the backgrounds and the calming green tones of the first card. The second card showcases the butterfly beautifully and I love the addition of the gems too. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!