About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Friends

Hi peeps,

It's "theme week" at The Paper Players Challenge this week and Ann's theme is "Laughter Is the Best Medicine." I have several sentiments and stamps that would work and at first I was thinking one of my "punny" stamp sets. But, while looking thought my bins, I ran across this older Art Impressions set and decided it would fit just fine.

I think I got this in New Jersey about 5 or 6 years ago when I was there for work. I remember it was snowing when I was out and about, and I found a stamp store. It was the best place to pass a Sunday afternoon.




The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored with Copic markers. I'm a little rusty with skin tones, but this is a fun image to spend time coloring. After the coloring was completed, I used the GKD ML 2 die set to cut the white panel and the Blackberry Bliss mat. I decided it needed some thing other than card stock in the background and I found this old SU polkadot DSP that worked. The sentiment from the stamp set is heat embossed using white fine detail EP on Blackberry Bliss card stock and then cut out with a GKD stitched flag die.

The inside greeting is also from the same stamp set. I added a Blackberry Bliss wine glass cut with a Taylored Expressions die, and used the GKD ML 2 dies again to cut out the panels.



Today is Opening Day for BB season, so you know I'll be watching later tonight. I hope you all have a great evening, and thanks for looking in.

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Girlfriends In the Tub stamp set by Art Impressions
Paper: X-Press It Blending card stock, SU Blackberry Bliss and Bright White card stock, SU polkadot DSP (retired)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Gina K Designs embossing ink, Copic Markers
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 dies, Taylored Expressions Wine Glass die, WOW Fine Detail Opaque Bright White embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Gemini Jr, SU Dimensionals, Sakura White Gel pen

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Colleen! Not only is the image funny, the sentiment is hilarious. Yep...that would be me and my friends! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face, and thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love it. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Colleen - love that fun gaggle of girls image too! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun sentiment - and so true! I have a couple of friends I could definitely send this card to. So glad you shared it with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!