About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Handmade For You

 Hi peeps,

I've been playing with the colors for this week's Paper Players Challenge using the newish Stampin' Up set called Handmade For You. I thought I'd see what I could do with it besides use the cute # greetings for the backs of my cards, which is the reason I ordered it in the first place. I came up with a card and some gift tags.

For the card I started by stamping the flower image all around the edges of a 4.25 x 5.5 inch white panel using an acrylic block and black ink. Amazingly, all of the stamping came out pretty even. Next I stamped the sewing dress form image three times using each of the challenge colors. I taped off the top and stand parts before inking to stamp the colors, then taped off the middle to stamp the top and stand in black. The flowers around the edges are colored with Copics that match the challenge colors. I planned to mount the panel onto a black card base, which I did, but it looked like it needed something more, so I pulled out my A2 Hero Infinity Dies and made a frame to go between the dress forms and the flowers. 



The greeting is made from three different stamps from the same set, heat embossed with white EP. I added three enamel SU dots for embellishment.

Here is the inside of the card.




While working on the card, I got to thinking that the dress form would make cute gift tags. I decided to make the background of the tags in the challenge colors this time. I did this by cutting strips of card stock in 1/4 and 1/2 inch strips for the three challenge colors and 1/8 inch strips for the black and gluing them to printer paper. I then cut the tags using MFT tag dies. 

The dress forms are stamped with black ink and fussy cut. I used SU markers to color the tiny flowers in the images and SU Oval Punches to punch out the greetings.

Simple in design, and the bright colors make them fun. 






Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Handmade for You stamp set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Basic white, black, Polished Pink, Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight
Ink: SU Polished Pink, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Gina K Designs Black Onyx and embossing ink, Copic Markers, SU Stampin' Write markers
Other: Hero A2 Infinity Curved Corner dies, WOW Opaque White Fine Detail embossing powder, heat tool, SU oval punches, MFT Nesting Tag dies, SU black enamel dots, SU Dimensionals, Gemini Jr, Misti, Bakers Twine

3 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! These are ALL so cute! I have that stamp and have hardly used it, and look how cute your little dress forms are! You've inspired me! Thanks for playing with our colors toO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set Colleen! So sharp...that black really sets those colors off. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players! Always fun to see your cards in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable Colleen! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!