About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Hello Friend

 Hi to all,

The Color Hues Challenge has one of my favorite color combinations for their challenge colors this time. Pink and green. Just look to nature for inspiration!

I've pulled out a couple of my Gina K Designs stamp sets and the Wreath Builder System to make this card.




Using the GKD mini set called Painted Blooms and the Wreath Builder system, I stamped the wreath then cut it out using MFT circle dies. (my GKD circle dies are not large enough.) I heat embossed the greeting from the same stamp set using white EP, doing three applications of embossing ink and powder to get a nice smooth and raised image. This is trimmed just slightly larger than the sentiment and popped up with foam squares.

I made the wood grain panel using Gina's method with Soft Stone ink. It's cut using some of the dies from ML8. The background panels are cut with ML1 and the white panel is stenciled using Fresh Asparagus ink. The card base is Bubblegum Pink, and I added large green pearls and some tiny pink gems to the center of the Bubblegum flowers for embellishments.

On the inside, I used the same layout as on the front. The greeting stamps are from the GKD Best Flowers stamps set.



I think this is one of my favorite cards that I've made recently. Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Gina K Designs Painted Blossoms and Best Flowers stamp sets
Paper: Gina K Designs Bubblegum Pink, Black Onyx, Layering Weight White
Ink: Gina K Deisgns Bubblegum Pink, Passionate Pink, Fresh Asparagus, Jelly Bean Green, Soft Stone, Embossing Ink
Other: GKD Wreath Builder system, Master Layouts 1 & 8, Festive Stencil, Blending Brushes, Fine Detail White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, MFT Dia-namics Circle Dies, Misti, Gemini Jr, SSS Green Pearls, Trinity Pink Gems, GKD Connect glue and foam squares, 

3 comments:

  1. You have used these colors beautifully! I love your layout! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favs too and your second one is just as nice! Great use of the colors at Color Hues too! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Beautiful design with the flower wreath and the woodgrain panel. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!