About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, April 21, 2022

You Make the Rainy Days Brighter

 Hi crafty peeps,

It's the end of the week already, and I hope you all had a good one. I had lunch with some friends that I used to work with today, and yesterday I went to an afternoon baseball game at Petco. It was perfect BB weather, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Before I headed out to meet my friends today, I made a card for this week's Clean & Simple challenge for The Paper Players. Claire has a fun theme of April Showers for us this week, and I remembered I had this cute duck with umbrella stamp from SSS. I added a few stenciled clouds, also SSS, with a tiny bit of Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Clear Glitter around the edges, and some heart raindrops. The duck image is colored with Copics. I cut the stamped panel out using a stitched rectangle die from GKD, and used foam tape to pop it onto a white card base, which I stenciled with the same clouds. 





The inside just has the sentiment, which is also by SSS.



Happy Friday to all, and thanks for looking in,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Showers and Flowers set by Simon Says Stamp and Spring In My Step sentiment set by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: Gina K Designs white layering weight and white heavy weight card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, GKD Sea Glass and Copic markers
Other: Simon Says Stamp Clouds For A Day stencil, blending brush, Misti, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 die, Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Clear Glitter Gloss pen, foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Colleen, this is adorable! I love this precious little duck playing in the puddle! He looks like he is so happy! Such a fabulous background, too! CAS perfection! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your happy little duck is adorable, Colleen! My son's favorite stuffed animal is a duckling, so I'm partial to ducks now :) I love the heart raindrops, too. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!