About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Spring Card Camp 2022 - Day 1 Cards

 Hello,

I signed up to take latest Online Card Class and day one was all about ink lifting. I made a card for each technique demonstrated in the class video. Day 1 techniques were taught by Jennifer McGuire and Channin Pelletier. The ink lifting in all of the techniques is accomplished with water and an ink that is water reactive. I've used Distress Oxide inks on all of my cards.

Jennifer showed two techniques for making backgrounds and I made cards using both. The second technique she showed actually makes two backgrounds.

Ink lifting in the first technique is done using a paint brush, water and a paper towel. Here's my card.



The  SSS Tumbling Shells background stamp is stamped using Hero Arts craft white ink and heat embossed using GKD white fine detail embossing powder. After embossing, I blended three blue shades of Distress Oxide ink using a Tim Holtz sponge blending tool. The stamp set is called Inner Mermaid from Ellen Hutson. I heat embossed the sentiment on Vellum and the mermaid tail on white card stock using GKD Amalgam black ink and clear embossing powder. The tail is colored with Copics. The sentiment is die cut using a GKD circle die. I matted the top panel with white and used a GKD Blue Raspberry card base.


Here are my examples using the second ink lifting technique taught by Jennifer.











I used the new Freshly Made Sketches sketch for the layout.The flowers and leaves are from the Pink Fresh Studio set called Brighter Days which includes a hot foil plate, layering stencils, stamps and dies. I first hot foiled the flowers using gold foil. Next I used GKD inks and the stencils to color the flowers and then cut them out using the corresponding die. I arranged the flowers per the sketch and added a GKD pre-printed sentiment strip to each. The top panels and mats are cut out using the GKD Master Layouts 1 die set. Finally, I added some sequins, gems and pearls for embellishments.

The last card uses the technique taught by Channin. This technique used a line stencil sprayed with water to do the ink lifting. 



The background stencil is from Pretty Pink Posh called Jungle. The stamps and dies are from the Birds of Paradise and Tropical Tweets sets by Honey Bee. I colored the images with Copics and cut everything out with the corresponding set dies. The stenciled panel and mat are cut using the GKD Master Layouts 1 die set. The card base is GKD Sweet Mango card stock.

Sorry for a such a long post, but I wanted to put all of my Day 1 cards together.  I've listed most of the basic supplies in the post, but if anyone has a question on something I didn't list, just shoot me an email.

Thanks for checking in,
Colleen


4 comments:

  1. Wow what a treat of awesome cards, I am also taking the classes but a bit behind with it all. Your creations are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous cards! Your ink-lifted backgrounds look fabulous and those flowers are stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I am taking that class as well but so far I am just a spectator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!