About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, May 12, 2023

My Heart Smiles

 

TGIF Peeps,

Well, May Gray is back in SoCal today.😒 If nothing else, a good excuse to stay in and craft. 

I've been busy between making some challenge cards and doing some crocheting this week. I'm making a crib blanket for my great niece, Daisy. I found a granny square pattern with daisies in the centers of the squares. It's easy and cute.

On to today's challenge card, this is made using the colors from the current Color Throwdown, which are Orange, Lilac, Aqua and Black. I've used various shades of all of the colors in my card. I recently received this fun stencil and die set from Pink Fresh Studio and decided it would work nicely with these colors.





I cut a white panel using an older MFT die and then blended orange, aqua and lilac inks down the front. Using the layering stencil, I blended light and dark shades of each of the colors accenting with the black then cut them out with the corresponding dies. After figuring out an arrangement, I found a nice sentiment, also from PFS, and put everything together. I used some bright paper dots in the same shades in the centers of the rosettes.

I left the inside blank on this one.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday and your weekend. Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Heart Smiles Sentiment stamps from Pink Fresh Studio
Stencils: Rosettes Layering Stencils from Pink Fresh Studio with dies
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight white and Black Onyx card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Wild Lilac, Turquoise Sea, Tangerine Twist, Peach Bellini, Sea Glass, Light and Medium Lilac, Black Onyx
Other: blending brushes, Misti, Big Shot, SU Dimensionals, Taylored Expressions Rainbow disks, Connect glue


2 comments:

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!