About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, May 29, 2023

As Lovely As Can Be

 Hello and Happy Memorial Day 2023,

I hope you enjoyed the long weekend. It's still gloomy here on the southern CA coast, in fact it was raining a bit early this morning and very misty out most of the rest of the day. Not the best for being out and about. I'm sure the vacationers who wanted to spend the weekend at the beach were a little disappointed.

I wanted to get my card made for LeAnn's sketch challenge for the Paper Players today, and since it is Memorial Day, I thought I'd use this pretty Poppy die from Concord & 9th.




I started with the background using the Concord & 9th Mod Turnabout stamp. Instead of stamping all four turns, I just stamped three turns using black, Poppy and Parsley inks from Concord & 9th. Next I cut the small panel on the right and embossed it with the Concord & 9th Quilted Card Front cover plate. The poppy dies are cut from Concord & 9th card stock in the same colors as the inks and glued down to the embossed panel. The sentiment is from the same Pretty Poppy stamp and die set and it's embossed with white fine detail powder.

For the inside, I stamped a sentiment from the Concord & 9th Lots To Say stamp set and added one of the images from the Pretty Poppy set.




Thanks for checking in, and have a great week a head.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Pretty Poppy set, Mod Turnabout set, Lots To Say set all Concord & 9th
Paper: Concord & 9th Poppy, Parsley, Black, White 
Ink: Black, Poppy, Parsley from Concord & 9th and white craft ink from Gina K Designs
Other: Pretty Poppy dies, Quilted Card Front cover plate die, & Poppy enamel dots all Concord & 9th, Misti, Big Shot, Connect Glue, Gina K Designs white embossing powder, heat tool, SU small oval die

3 comments:

  1. Colleen, I LOVE this gorgeous card. That poppy is just fantastic. Your background is so retro! The embossed panel makes the poppy pop off the white. Everything about this card is amazing! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poppy is so eye-catching Colleen and I love that background - very retro indeed and super versatile! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turnabout stamps are pretty cool and I love how you coordinated the colors with your big poppy! Perfect for this Memorial Day holiday! Fun sentiments too! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at the Paper Players! Always happy to see your creations in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!