About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, June 2, 2023

Stencil Fun

 TGIF Peeps!

I hope your Friday is going well. It's mid-day here on the West coast, and it's official June Gloom. (We just finished May Gray, LOL) If you want to vacation in San Diego, don't come in May or June if beach weather/sun is your preference. There isn't any sun at the beach in May and June.

Any-hoo, I have a couple of cards for a couple of challenges. I had fun stenciling on both.

First up is a pretty flower card for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge. The colors this week are green, yellow and white. I threw in a touch of black.




The daisy layering stencils and the brick background are from Gina K Designs. I used some very bright SSS inks today. The greeting is a pre-printed sentiment strip.

Here is the inside of this card. I added a die-cut sentiment and used the layering stencil to add one daisy under the die cut.


The second card uses Jen M.'s sketch for this week's Freshly Made Sketches. This is a one layer card except for the mermaid tail and the sentiment box. I used two Gina K Stencils for the diagonal pattern of the sketch. The stamp set is an older one from Ellen Hutson by Julie Ebersole.

This is one of my all time favorite sentiments.




And the inside of this card.



Enjoy the rest of your day and have a fab weekend!
Colleen



Supplies
Flower card:
Spring Daisies Layering stencil and Brick Wall Stencil by Gina K Designs
Gina K Designs White Layering and Black Card stock
Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks
Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 dies and Pre-printed sentiment strip, Trinity Pearls, Misti, Big Shot

Mermaid card:
Inner Mermaid stamp and die set by Ellen Hutson, Water Droplets, Sea Shells  & Sending Sunshine (from a kit) Stencils by Gina K Designs
SU thick white card stock
Gina K Designs blue, turquoise & embossing inks, Copics
Gina K Designs Gold embossing powder & Mermaid Tail Sequins,  MFT Curved Rectangle die, Misti, Big Shot, heat tool 

4 comments:

  1. Great cards, and they definitely evoke everything but gray and gloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! Stenciling is such a great way to make an interesting background! Thanks for including Freshly Made Sketches as part of your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both have such awesome stenciled backgrounds! What fun cards! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards! I just love that mermaid sentiment and the patterns in the background are a great way to use the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!