About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday Note Cards

 Hello and happy Saturday,




I made these cards for Amy's Woodblock Wednesday Challenge for June. I love these sketchy fruit stamps by Art Impressions, and wanted to use them for this month's project. I first stamped the five images on one card in black, but didn't really like the look, so I changed to one card per fruit using colored card stocks. I found some woodblock greeting stamps to go with and turned them into simple note cards leaving the inside blank.



I did end up making a card from the first panel. I colored the background fruit with colored pencils and then used a focal panel like the other four cards.

The card stock and inks are all SU. The rounded corner rectangle dies are Hero Arts Infinity dies and I used GKD Master Layouts 1 dies to cut the large panels and black mats.

A little personal note, yesterday was retirement day for my "Personal Chef" and we did a little celebrating with friends last night. It was a fun evening. I retired two years ago, and yesterday was his turn. I hope he enjoys his retirement even half as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Enjoy your weekend, and thanks for looking in!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Fruit images from Art Impressions, Greeting stamps from Hero and Stampin' Up
Paper: Strawberry Slush, Watermelon Wonder, Pineapple Crush, Raspberry Ripple, Basic White Thick, Basic White and Basic Black card stock from Stampin' Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Strawberry Slush, Watermelon Wonder, Pineapple Crush, Raspberry Ripple inks by Stampin' Up
Other: Hero Arts Rounded Corner Rectangle Infinity dies, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 dies, Gina K Designs black enamel dots, SSS sequins, SU Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. wonderful projects! Love the fruit theme! congrats on your dual retirements too!
    Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!