About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Happy Birthday

 Hi,

The Monthly Mix challenge on the Gina K Designs FaceBook page for June is the rubber band inking technique. I haven't done this in AGES, and once I got started, I was having so much fun with colors I couldn't stop. I made several panels and used them to make these cards.

To make the panels, I wrapped a couple of rubber bands of medium width around a brayer, rolled the brayer over ink pads and then over white card stock panels, using three different shades of the same color family, although for the first card, I used two shades of green and one of gold.

This first card works for Ann's theme challenge for this week's Paper Players. This week we are making cards with the guys in mind. This is a birthday card for my stash.



The second card is a Happy Retirement card for my live-in personal chef. He retires from his real job on 6/16. I love how rolling the rubber bands in a horizontal direction makes the background look like water with movement.



This last card is also a birthday card. This took some time as I paper pieced all of the flower banner die pieces with three different rubber band panels. There are some tiny pieces in this thing!



Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamp sets: Lets Camp, Time To Coast, and Radiant Roses sets by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White, Black Onyx, Red Hot, Sea Glass Blueberry Bushel, Prickly Pear card stock, SSS Holographic card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Red Hot, Tangerine Twist, Passionate Pink, Ocean Mist, Turquoise Sea, Blue Lagoon, Blueberry Bushel, Grass Green, Christmas Pine, Prickly Pear, Black Onyx, Craft White, Copics
Other: Gina K Designs Dies: Lots of Dots, Curved Floral Bundle, Master Layouts 1 & 2. 
Lots of Dots embossing folder, Fine Detail White embossing powder, SSS Stars die, heat tool, Gina K Designs black pearls, pre-printed sentiment strip, Misti, Big Shot, SU Dimensionals, 

3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on all of these. The blue does make a great water look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous technique Colleen! I have never tried it before. I love the backgrounds you created. The tent and trees are so striking against the green and gold. It's a perfect masculine card. The "water" in the second card is amazing! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, I hadn't heard about this background technique. It works beautifully for the backgrounds to the seagull. So much wonderful movement and texture. So glad you shared these with us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!