About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Birthday Blessings

 Hello Stampers,

I wanted to play along with the red and aqua color challenge for the Color Hues blog. I love these colors together, but somehow don't use them together very often. After watching a recent Gina K YouTube video from last week with a fun technique, I decided to see what I could do with it and with the colors. You can find Gina's video here.

Using an older stamp and die set from Gina K Designs, this is what I came up with.




You will need some masking paper strips, I used Masking Magic strips, a stencil and blending brushes for this technique. It's a fun one, especially the reveal. The stencil I used had medium sized images, so if I were to use it again with this technique, I think I would space the strips a little further apart. Also, my original thought was to blend some of the aqua and red shades in the background, but after re-thinking, I decided to use several shade of aqua, from very light to very dark, and use the red as the accent on the lotus flower.

For the inside of my card I used another GKD Lotus set for the flower image, which is colored with R14 and R11 Copics and a greeting from one of Gina's mini stamp sets. The layers on the outside and the inside are cut with Master Layouts 2 dies.



Thanks for looking in, and have a great day!
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Lovely Lotus stamp set with dies, Just Breath stamp set, Sweet Sentiments Mini stamp set all from Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering weight white, black onyx and sea glass card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Turquoise Sea, Blue Lagoon,Tranquil Teal, Black Onyx and Copic markers R14 and R11
Other: Gina K Designs Festive Stencil, Masking Magic Pre-cut Strips, Master Layouts 2 & 3 dies, blending brushes, Mermaid Tail sequins, Connect Glue, and pre-printed sentiment strip. Misti, Big Shot, Foam Tape


3 comments:

  1. I love how you created a card within a card with that beautiful inside message. We're so happy you joined us with this beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing with Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could not be any prettier, Colleen. I saw that video by Gina K, and let me say I am more intrigued and interested to try this now that I seen your card. You did a wonderful job both inside and out. Thanks for making our colors shine at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card both outside and in! What a wonderful technique you've chosen. I'm especially smitten with your inside flower; so pretty! Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!