About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Thinking Of You and Have A Purrrrrrrrfect Birthday!

 Hi stampers,

Happy Hump Day. I've spent my whole day packing up my car. I'm headed back to my mom's house in northern California early tomorrow morning. I'll be there 4-6 weeks, so I packed up the back of my SUV with stamping supplies, many of which I plan to leave there when I come back home. I'm taking a bunch of retired SU ink pads and the card stock in the same colors, as well as some dies and my older Gemini die cutting machine. My plan is on my next trip, I just will have to take the stamp sets I want to play with. 

Before I leave, I needed to do a couple of blog posts for challenges that end soon. In this post I have my one layer card for The Paper Players. I actually have two cards. This week Jaydee has a one layer card challenge. Fun to do, but something I rarely make.



Card 1 is a flower card, stamped with Memento black ink and colored with Copics. I used yellow and green so I could also enter this in the Color Hues Challenge.




I made the background on this kitty cat card by masking the outsides of the card with Masking Magic strips and then swiping ink cubes direct to paper from opposite corners with two colors. After removing the masking strips I placed the card in the Misti and stamped the cats, mouse and greeting.


Thanks for checking in, and have a good rest of your week.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: All by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, Gina K Designs Medium Orchid and Medium Carnation ink cubes, Black Onyx ink pad
Other: Misti, Gina K Designs Masking Magic strips

6 comments:

  1. Your one-layer CAS card is wonderful! Who needs more than a beautifully colored floral and a bold sentiment? Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, have fun at your Mom's and I love that you are packing your supplies! I love your black silhouette kitties against that fabulous pink background. Wonderful masking job. Oh... I love your beautiful bold floral, too. Thank you for showcasing how fabulous one layer cards can be
    So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both CAS cards are wonderful, Colleen. The floral card is colored perfectly and I love the script on the sentiment too. Certainly a card that would make anyone feel special. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues! Best of luck with your travels too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these fun cats! What a great card, Colleen! I need this one for my cat loving sister. So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen I love both of these fab cards but the cats are just the best! That background is fab and the sentiment and sweet mouse layer beautifully. A fantastic one layer card! Have fun at your mums - sounds like you've taken plenty of craft supplies to keep you going too! Thanks for playing as always over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are wonderful, Colleen! I adore the cats card, your creative technique makes this so fun! Your yellow and green is beautifully used with the lovely floral and elegant sentiment. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues! Hope your time with your Mom is going well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!