About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, June 12, 2023

Have A Cool Day!

 Good morning,

I'm very close to the deadline for getting my card posted for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge. Linda has a fun, and interesting sketch this week. It took me a bit to figure something out. I actually made another card with flowers, but didn't really like it, so I started over. These two older Turnabout sets caught my eye while looking through stamp sets.

I stamped the Sunshine Turnabout and cut it out with an older SU circle die, then used the coordinating dies from the Cool Treats Turnabout set for the pop sickle.  The greeting is heat embossed and I added a icy border around the edge with a Nuvo shimmer pen.  I also added a little ink blending with yellow behind the sun's circle.





For the inside, I added a smaller pop sickle die along side one of the set greetings.



All in all, very quick and simple to make and I liked this card much better than the first.

We're still having gloom with morning rain from the Southwest monsoon season. I'm missing the summer sun!

Enjoy your day!

Colleen


Supplies

Stamps: Cool Treats and Sunshine Turnabout stamp sets from Concord & 9th
Paper: SU thick basic white card stock
Ink: Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks in yellows, orange, and aquas, Gina K Designs Kraft and Craft White ink
Other: Concord & 9th set dies, SU Circle die, blending brushes, GKD fine detail white embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Big Shot, Nuvo aqua shimmer pen, Doodlebug enamel hearts, Connect glue


2 comments:

  1. Oh so perfect for a summery day - inside and out! I love all of your shiny shimmery details! Cute as can be! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is awesome! I am loving that image - it makes for a fun card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!