About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Wishing You Sunny Days

 Hello and happy Sunday afternoon,

I have my card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge. I've combined a SSS die with a greeting from Hero Arts and some bright ink blending to make a sunset card. 

I marked off the box for ink blending with some GKD Masking Magic strips then used orange, bright pink and dark blue ink to make my sunset. Using the SSS Radiant die, I cut the shape and then added the greeting. After trimming the panel down a bit, I added some gold glimmer paper behind the cutout and used foam tape to pop it up on the card base. I added some gold gems for a little extra sparkle.




I like these good well greetings and graphic images in the SSS Hello Sunshine set. I used them to sort of mimic the card front.


We've had no sunsets, just gloom, for more than a month, but on Friday the marine layer thinned out in the late afternoon and cleared out at the horizon in the late evening, and I got a good snap of the actual sunset. Unfortunately, we're back to total gloom😏


Enjoy your Sunday evening!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts Beach Heroscape set and Simon Says Stamp Hello Sunshine set
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White and SU Basic White Thick card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Tangerine Twist, Passionate Pink, Denim Blue, Wild Dandelion and Black Onyx ink
Other: Simon Says Stamp Radiant die, Gina K Designs Masking Magic Strips, blending brushes, Misti, Big Shot, Trinity gold gems

3 comments:

  1. Such beautiful uses of the sketch! I love the sunshine theme with the die cut sun and then the polka dots. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous cards! And what a gorgeous inspiration picture! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty with the ombré!! I love the die cut in the panel too. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!