About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, September 28, 2023

There's No Place Like Home

 TGIF Peeps and hello,

I'm squeaking in with my Paper Players card for this week. I made this earlier in the week, but didn't get around to taking the pictures and blogging it. 

The focal circle-snowflake image is done with a fun technique called faux dry embossing. Using inks, you can get the look of texture similar to using an embossing folder. Gina K has an instructional YouTube video if you are interested in learning about this technique.

I have two examples here. Both using the same stamp set. The first follows Anne Marie's sketch, the second is slightly different. Both cards use the same embossing folder for the background. All supplies are from Gina K Designs. The stamp set is the 2023 Gina K Designs Stamp-tember Simon Says Stamp collaboration set. 







On both cards I ink blended a white panel using three shades of purples and blues before running the panel through the GKD Snowflake embossing folder. This was then cut into strips and glued onto the card bases, one Lovely Lavender and the other Powder Blue.  The stamp set has a coordinating die set for both the snowflake images and many of the sentiments, which I used with my cards. For some sparkle, on the lavender card I used rhinestones and on the blue card I used sequins.

The inside of the cards are the same layout and the stamps are all from the same stamp set as the front of the card.



I had a very fun day today! I am taking the Fall 2023 Crop & Create class that started today and goes through Sunday. It's awesome! There were four classes today and in each we made three cards. Being on the west coast, it starts at 06:30 am! After today's classes, I'm really looking forward to the next three days.

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Shimmering Season set and dies by Simon Says Stamp/Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs card stocks
Ink: Gina K Designs dye inks in purples and blues and craft white
Other: Gina K Designs Snowflake embossing folder, Misti, Big Shot, Gina K Designs Frozen Rhinestones and Disco Ball Sequins, Connect Glue, SU Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Colleen! Both of your cards are beautifully festive! Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Players.
    Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both stunning---like little works of art! Great that you're getting ahead on your holiday cardmaking! Thanks for playing with our sketch this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!