About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Happy New Year

 Greetings and Happy New Year,

For my first post of 2024  I have a card for the new Freshly Made Sketches challenge. It's a relatively clean and simple card using a fun Concord & 9th set.  The colors come from the last Sunday Stamps challenge, called Winter Warmth. Appropriate for the theme and the weather this week.





On the inside I used a larger cup with another greeting from the stamp set.




I've been visiting my mom and sister in Northern California for the past few weeks. I drove up a few days before Christmas, then we all drove to Bend, OR to visit my niece and her family. In addition to Christmas, my niece had a birthday on 12/26 and her daughter (my great niece) turned one on Christmas day, and my youngest nephew was 25 on 12/28.  Lots to celebrate that week. 

One thing not to celebrate, my mom, my sister and I all came down with Covid the weekend after Christmas. No one else that we were with over the holiday tested positive, so I think we must have picked it up just before we left to go to Bend. All three of us are up to date with the vaccine, and we've had very mild to no symptoms other than a light cough for my mom and my sister has some fatigue. I've had no symptoms and have felt normal. I even cleaned and reorganized mom's garage this past week. It's just we are kind of limited to going out and if we have to, wearing masks, of course. This is the first Covid infection for any of us, so kind of a bummer that we finally got caught. Also, I will wait until I test negative for the recommended times before I head home so I bring it there.

Luckily, my sister and I have a nice craft space here to help keep me busy. 

Enjoy your weekend, and Happy 2024 to all!
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Cup Of Kindness set with dies from Concord & 9th
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight white and SU Basic White thick and Navy
Ink: Concord & 9th and Hero Arts
Other: Altenew embossing folder, Misti, Gina K Designs white embossing powder, heat tool, Gemini Jr, enamel dots, Connect Glue, SU foam strips






1 comment:

  1. These cups are cute as can be! And they're perfect for the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!