About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, January 22, 2024

Winter Fun and One More Sympathy Card

Happy WET Monday!

It's been absolutely pouring rain here since very early this morning. This is our third day of rain, and it's the day with the most and the hardest. I believe it started around 4:00 am (PT) and is supposed to rain non-stop until 4:00 pm (PT). I'd like to go to the postoffice to drop off the sympathy cards that I've made, but I'm not sure I want to brave the streets.

So, I do have one more sympathy card, this one is for another cousin, the brother of my cousin that passed recently. I've used the Winter Trees layering stencil set from Concord & 9th and the Freshly Made Sketch again.







I added a very simple sentiment for the inside. It's from the SSS XL Greetings set.



Here's to not having to make another sympathy card for a long while!


My second card is a much more fun one. Claire is hostess for the new Paper Players Challenge this week with the monthly Clean and Simple challenge. Her theme to go along with is Winter Fun. I pulled out an older set from Pink Fresh Studio, ink blended some snow hills on the front of this one layer card, then stamped and colored these cute forrest animals having a fun ski day.




To make the ski runs, I cut masks and lightly ink blended Sea Glass and Stone inks along the edges.  All of the images the sentiment are from the PF stamp set, as are the inside images and sentiment.



Personally, my idea of winter fun is to play in my craft room, but these guys seem to be having fun.

Enjoy the day and the week ahead, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies Card one
Stamps: Sketched Flowers and XL Greetings sets by Simon Says Stamp (sentiments)
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White and Black Onyx
Ink: Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated various Greens and  Gina K Designs Amalgam Black
Other: Winter Trees Layering Stencil set by Pink Fresh Studio, Blending Brushes, Simon Hurley Gold Lunar paste, Simon Says Stamp Thin Frames dies, Misti, Big Shot, Gina K Designs gold dots, foam tape, Connect glue

Supplies Card two
Stamps: Skiing By to Say Hi set by Pink Fresh Studio
Paper: SU Basic white thick
Ink: Gina K Designs Amalgam Black, Sea Glass, Soft Stone, Innocent Pink, Peach Bellini, and Christmas Tree Green
Other: Colored pencils, Misti, Blending brushes

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful set of cards! That sympathy card is so pretty! I love that big, green forest! That sounds like a lot of rain! Crazy! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Colleen! The sympathy card is stunning. Your winter fun card is absolutely adorable. These little critters definitely look like they are having the time of their lives. I LOVE the sentiment on the inside. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are fabulous! So very sorry for your loss. Your winter scene is amazing! Just wow! How fun would this be? I love all these skiers and the blended background is perfect! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful, the skiers look like they're having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!