About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Wishing You A Happy Day & Buzzing By To Say Hello

 Hi and Happy Weekend,

I received a new order from Gina K Designs a few days ago that included this fun new background stamp called Doodle Garden Background. It's a large 6 x 6 inch background stamp that I'm sure is super fun to color, but I decided to use it in another way with this week's Freshly Made Sketch as inspiration.

My idea was to ink it with a light gray shade of ink then make a reverse circle mask for the center and stamp that with a darker color, and/or heat embossing the circle with clear or metallic embossing powders. I ended up trying both techniques, but I didn't get the desired effect of the circle standing out with either. My solution was to make a circle border for each and then continue with the rest of the cards.

On the first card card I stamped the background stamp using Soft Stone ink and then used Amalgam Black ink and clear embossing powder for the center.  The flowers are from the GKD Fancy Flowers mini stamp set stamping them in the colors from this week's Color Throwdown Challenge. The border circle is navy card stock.  The centers of the flowers have GKD pearls in pink and red.






For card two, the background is stamped with Soft Stone ink, the center circle is stamped with GKD Embossing ink and heat embossed with GKD fine detail Silver EP. The additional stamped images are from the  GKD Flowers & Wings mini stamp set stamped with colors from the current Sunday Stamps challenge. The border circle here is cut from GKD silver card stock. The centers of the flowers have GKD yellow pearls.







The inside of both cards I left blank for writing a personal message.

I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend. I have a birthday card to make for a very good friend of ours. Since I also just received some Spellbinders wax seal supplies, my first, that I'm anxious to try, my plan is to incorporate that in his card. Should be fun to play with. 

Colleen


Supplies 
Stamps: Doodle Garden Background stamp, Fancy Flowers Mini and Flowers & Wings Mini sets with dies all Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Heavy Weight  and Layering White, In the Navy and Silver card stocks
Ink: Gina K Designs Soft Stone, Amalgam Black, Embossing pad, In the Navy, Passionate Pink, Red Hot, Red Velvet, Faded Brick, Fresh Asparagus, Prickly Pear, Honey Mustard and Black Onyx
Other: Gina K Designs single stitched circle dies, Gina K Designs colored pearls, Connect glue, Masking Magic, Misti, Big Shot, Gina K Designs Silver EP, SU Clear EP, Heat tool, foam squares


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! I especially love the bold contrast and colors in the first design. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week, Colleen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both gorgeous cards! I love the way you've used this background stamp. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to show off that background stamp! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are so pretty. Love this graphic design vibe. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of our color inspiration photo. I really like that dragonfly. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!