About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, January 19, 2024

Sympathy Cards

 Hello peeps,

I'm squeaking in just under the wire to post my card for the current Paper Players Challenge. Anne Marie's color challenge this month is Black & White with a bit of color. These are usually fun to do and lend to so many creative possibilities.

One of my cousins passed recently after a short illness, and I thought this challenge would be good to make a few sympathy cards, one for his wife and one for his mom.

This first card also uses the current Freshly Made Sketches layout, although my card is a little more layered than the usual clean designs for this challenge, but I'll post it there anyway.

All of the images used for this card are from Gina K Designs. I made a cloudy sky background for the balloon and for the strip down the side of the card using pastel rainbow shades and a cloud stencil. I wasn't going to add color to the balloon, but in the end it felt it needed some.






The second card uses the Spellbinders Betterpress system and the January 2024 plate of the month. I first ink blended some GKD Coral Reef ink from the bottom of the white panel getting lighter as I approached the middle before running it through the Betterpress system using just black ink. After the ink dried, I cut the panel out with a stitched die and popped it up with some foam tape onto a black card base. The sentiment is heat embossed.





These cards are never fun to make and I don't make them ahead for my stash. In this particular case, it was SO not something I wanted to do.

On a brighter note, we are having a little neighborhood happy hour this afternoon and that will be fun.

Thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies Card 1
Stamps: Vintage Summer set with dies from Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Black Onyx and Layering Weight White card stocks
Ink: Gina K Designs Amalgam black, Innocent Pink, Peach Bellini, Lemon Drop, Applemint, Sea Glass, Lovely Lavender and Copics
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 12 dies, Misti, Foam Tape, Connect Glue, Big Shot

Supplies Card 2
Stamps: Spellbinders Fill My Heart Sentiments
Paper: Spellbinders Betterpress Cotton card panels and Gina K Designs Black Onyx card stock
Ink: Spellbinders Betterpress black, Gina K Designs Coral Reef and Craft white
Other: Spellbinders Betterpress system, Big Shot, Spellbinders Betterpress plate Poppy Greetings, Gina K Designs Fine Detail White EP, heat tool, blending brush, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 12 dies, foam tape
 


6 comments:

  1. Colleen, Such a beautiful look using the coral ombre CS and leaving the image as black outline...simply gorgeous! Smiles, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, your cards are gorgeous! Love the pop of coral on the black and white. Truly stunning! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rainbow cloud border on the first card! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely ....so sorry about your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I love that hot air balloon and the intricate die cut in the background. So sorry to hear about your cousin. These sympathy cards are beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the subtle clouds in the background on your beautiful balloon card. I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for playing with my sketch this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!