About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Have A Colorful Day

 Hey all,

My August Spellbinders club box was waiting for me when we arrived home this week. This month the theme for the clubs is color,  and so I decided to see how the Betterpress plate, called Colorful Bold Splatters would look in yellows and oranges, the current Color Hues Challenge colors.

This is a fun die set that comes with a layout grid to help with the placement of the dies. Since I don't have any bright yellow and orange Betterpress inks in my stash, I used some GKD and C&9th ink cubes in various yellow and orange shades.






The sentiments dies are also part of the August clubs called Colorful Expressions Sentiments. Each word comes with a background die too. The card stock used for this card is also GKD. After cutting the sentiments I used some orange Stickles to highlight them.

Here's the inside of my card. The sentiment comes from the August Clear Stamp of the Month, called Colorful Expressions Blossom.





The next time I used the splatter dies I'll use more colors. I've seen some really fun cards on IG with this Betterpress die.

Have a good Tuesday afternoon and evening,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps and Dies: from Spellbinders August Clubs: Betterpress Colorful Bold Splatters set, Colorful Expressions Sentiments dies, and Colorful Expressions Blossom clear stamp set
Paper: Gina K Designs Wild Dandelion, Tangerine Tango and Layering Weight White card stock, Spellbinders white Betterpress card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Wild Dandelion, Tangerine Tango and Concord & 9th Sunflower and Clementine
Other: Spellbinders Notched Corner Frame dies, Orange Stickles, Orange Baker's twine, foam tape, SU mini Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous debut of your Splatters Better Press plate; definitely looks great in yellow and orange and pairs wonderfully with your matching-colours sentiment and background papers. So pretty! Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN card! These BP plates are perfect! Thank you so much for playing along with Color Hues Color Challenge! -Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!