About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Hey Friend

 Hi all and happy Sunday afternoon,

I'm finally back home, and it felt really good to get back into my craft room this morning. We returned from our 29 day trip to New England and Long Island on Wednesday, late evening. We had a great time with our friends on our travels to Newport, RI then up to Bar Harbor, ME. 

I needed to make a card to thank my bestie for my birthday present she sent to me while I was gone and so I used the new theme challenge at the Paper Players along with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches challenge to make it.






My card is made with Concord & 9th stamps, dies, paper and inks. I masked the top portion of the white card base with tape prior to stamping with the Pumpkin Patch Turnabout stamp so the top of the card is left white. The large sentiment is from the C&9th Hey Bestie set and it's cut using the coordinating set die. The only embellishment is the added stamped heart with some glossy details added over the top.

Here's the inside of the card which uses another sentiment from the Hey Bestie stamp set.




Enjoy the remainder of the weekend, and thanks for checking in.

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Pumpkin Patch Turnabout and Hey Bestie sets by Concord & 9th
Paper: Concord & 9th White, Alvarado, Spiced Cider card stocks
Ink: Concord & 9th Alvarado, Spiced Cider, Marmalade and Nutmeg
Other: Concord & 9th Glossy Details, Concord & 9th Basket Weave Card Front die, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 dies, SU Dimensionals

The day we drove through Acadia National Park and to the top of Cadillac Mountain it was pouring rain with thunder and lightening. The scenery was still spectacular. I took tons of pics, here are just a few from the park.









5 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for Fall and Fruit. I usually don't think of pumpkins for fruit, but they certainly are. Such a great CAS creation! Thank you for making my challenge shine this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous autumn-themed card and the patterns and colours are great! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous photos! Love the seagull. Your card is just perfect for the sketch. I love the paper and the patterns! Thanks for playing at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you enjoyed your trip! 29 days is a long time to be away! But your craftiness definitely did not take a vacation...that turn-about pumpkin panel is SO CUTE! The basket weave embossing as well as that big bold sentiment makes it all very interesting yet it's still CAS! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely thank you card in the autumnal tones. Viva la Gourds. Sp glad you shared your creativity with us Paper Players this week. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!