About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, February 24, 2020

Easter Wishes

Happy Monday afternoon peeps,

I had a great Sunday afternoon of stamping and made three cards. Two of them use LeAnne's sketch for this week's Paper Players Challenge. When there's a great sketch, why stop at just one card, right? I'm actually posting the second card that I made with her sketch. The first one I'll post later in the week, and they are both very different.

For today's card, the idea came to me while I was looking through my dies for something I needed for the first card, and I came across some older Die-namics bow dies. Here's what I did with them.




Doesn't pastel gingham make you think of Spring and Easter? That is totally what came to me when I ran across the bow dies. I knew that I had the SU gingham DSP and decided to see if my idea would work. 

The inside panel is a Piece of Whisper White with a layer of super old SU velum  printed with flowers. Unfortunately, it's a little hard to see the detail on it in this photo. I cut the three background pieces of gingham using the SU Stitched Rectangle dies, and also used one of them to cut the velum and Whisper white.  The bows are cut from the reverse side of the gingham where the checks are smaller.

For the inside, I used a piece of the yellow gingham and a little chocolate bunny and sentiment from another older SU set.


Luckily, I had a really light work day and I think the rest of the week is going to be as well. My scheduled project is delayed because the customer facility wasn't quite ready. Of course, you know it means I'll just have to work faster and longer to make up for the delay once I do get access.

This afternoon is game one of the 2020 Little League season. Our little friends are playing again this year which means lots of afternoons watching BB.

I hope you all have a good evening and thanks for looking in.

Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Something To Celebrate and Basket Bunch sets by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Whisper White thick and regular card stock, SU Gingham DSP, SU printed velum
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Copics
Other: Die-namics Bow dies, SU Stitched Rectangle dies, SU Basket Bunch dies, Gemini Jr, Misti, Foam tape, liquid glue

4 comments:

  1. aren't you clever with your pretty paper bows ... love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I love all this gingham! And yes, it does remind me of Spring/ Easter. I thought of the Easter bunny wearing all these bow ties. He sure would be a Dapper Dandy! The inside is so cute, too! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gingham! I love gingham! And I love the vellum you used behind it...I am sure I still have some of that laying around, LOL! That little bunny on the inside just cracks me up! I need to pull out that set too! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love gingham Colleen and yes I'm with you, in these gorgeous colours it definitely makes you think of Spring and Easter! Love your trio of dapper bows - perfect for a discerning Easter bunny! Hope you get lots of crafting done this week! Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!