About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Just Wanted To Say

Hello,

I promised another card using the Paper Players sketch for this week. As time is running out on the challenge, I thought I'd better get it posted. As I said in my earlier post, a great sketch deserves more than one card. Today's card is the first of the two that I made, but I decided to post the gingham themed card first. I just thought it was fun!

I really do like this card also. The colors are beautiful IRL. Like in yesterday's post, I've used Gina K stamps and inks. This is one of her more recent stamp sets called "A Happy Hello." It's flowers and a butterfly, with a very large Hello sentiment and has coordinating dies. I had watched one of Gina's videos where she uses this set and the same ink colors and it turned out so pretty, I wanted to give it a try. So, I guess this is really a CASE of Gina's card in the video. The video is called Inking Techniques - 3 Fun Ways. You can find it here.





I used two Gina K ink cubes. Jelly Bean Green and Tranquil Teal for the flower stamping.
For the three colors in the background, I used three Distress Oxide Inks in shades that complimented the Gina K colors and blended them with a blending brush. I sprayed them with water after blending, although that really doesn't show once the stamped panel was added. For the butterfly, I stamped it two times with Gina K Amalgam black ink, then with VersaMark over that to heat emboss with clear EP. I did two layers of heat embossing so the butterfly is super shiny. It is cut out with the set die and popped up with a dimensional. The sentiment is heat embossed with white EP on black card stock. This little die is an older Die-namics label die. I added some gems that match for embellishment.

Here is the inside of the card. Hello is heat embossed using the same technique as the butterfly.


These colors really are striking with the black accents.

On a personal note, I've come down with shingles! Luckily, I figured out what was going on as soon as I saw the rash and got the anti-viral drugs. So far, it's a fairly light case and no blistering. It's on my back and spreads around to my side at waist level. Since it's not too bad, I've been working. I've heard some get a super horrible breakouts that blisters and that it's very painful, so I'm feeling fortunate. Ice and Alive help with what pain I do have.

Have a good Friday all, and thanks for looking,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: A Happy Hello set by Gina K
Paper: Tranquil Teal and Jelly Bean Green card stock by Gina K, SU Basic Black card stock and X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: Gina K Jelly Bean Green and Tranquil Teal cubes, Gina K Amalgam Black ink, VersaMark
Other: clear embossing powder, heat tool, SU Stitched Rectangle dies, Die-namics Label die, Gina K Happy Hello dies, Gemini Jr, Misti, Dimensionals, TE Blending Brushes, teal gems

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous...love the background! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful creation...that background is so pretty and I love how you mimicked the colors in the florals! But of course, that fabulous embossed butterfly really makes this pop....as does that sentiment inside! Amazing! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week and using my sketch again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those gorgeous colors and that butterfly is beautiful. Fabulous card. So glad you joined us at the Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!