About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Thank You Kindly

Hello to all,

I've had a relaxing day at my craft table today stamping and listening to the 70s on 7. If you are "older" and like me spent your high school days in the 70s, it's a great station. While driving to the place I was working on Thursday morning, I caught Shaun Cassidy as a guest DJ on the station and he put together an awesome playlist. Of course he had lots of stories to go with. I almost didn't want to get out of my car when I arrived!  Luckily, Sirius XM has it "on demand," so I was able to listen to the whole two hour program this morning. Anyhoo, I hope you all had as enjoyable and relaxing Saturday as I.

I wanted to make a card using Jen's sketch for this week's Freshly Made Sketches. After cruising through my options, I decided to use the Botanical Prints Medley from the SU Mini Catalog. I love these prints.




I thought a rectangle worked better than a square with the pre-printed die cut that I choose to used. I also wanted a little more interest in the background. The SU Brick and Mortar EF worked well for this. The sentiment is stamped on one of the pre-printed banners from the medley. I did use my Misti to ensure it was nice and straight. The image and the sentiment banner are popped up using Dimensionals.

I used a Gina K set for the inside sentiment and combined it with a stamp from the Botanical Prints stamp set and a corner image from Concord & 9th.




I liked how this card turned out so much that I made three more, all slightly different, but all using Jen's sketch and the Botanical Prints Medley.





Each has a different sentiment on the inside matching the sentiment on the outside. The inside layout is the same as on the first card. Two of these use the Coastal Weave EF for the background.

There may be even more stamping here this evening. Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Botanical Prints set by Stampin' Up
Paper: Smoky Slate card stock by Stampin' Up
Ink: Charcoal Gray by Gina K
Other: SU Botanical Prints Product Medley, SU embossing folders, SU clear enamel dots, Die-namics Stitched Curved Rectangle die, Gemini Jr, Misti, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!