About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Love You

Happy Saturday peeps,

It's been a wet one here in north San Diego county for most of the day. It's starting to clear up now and I think we are expecting very warm temps for most of the next week. For about 30 minutes this morning, the skies really opened up and the thunder rolled right over the house. I called it "real rain." Mostly, our rain is pretty light, so it was nice to see it really coming down.

I decided to strip the bed down to the mattress and wash everything. In addition to those loads, I also did clothes, so that's how I spent my morning. I also made a quick run to the market for groceries. I had some lunch and then sat down at my stamping table to make a card.

Using the sketch from the current CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge. I pulled out a new February release set from Concord & 9th, and I love how it turned out.





The set is called Stitched Blooms and it has a coordinating die that makes stitched flowers and leaves. I used it 4 times so I could fill in the diagonal area per the sketch. After running it through my Gemini Jr the final time, I used some TE and Altenew ink cubes to stamp in the flowers and leaves. The small dots are colored with a Zig water color marker. The sentiment panel is another couple of dies in the set. I cut the banner out of black card stock and the letters from white then glued the letters to the black banner. I pulled out some SU Pool Party Baker's twine, rolled it in a circle and using some foam tape, adhered the sentiment over the twine. A few SU glitter enamel dots complete the embellishment. I used a light yellow, bright yellow and light green dot to compliment the stamped shades.

The same stamping pattern is carried over to the inside. The sentiment is from another C&9th set called Tall Type Tagalong. It's from the January release.



The card base is SU Pineapple Punch card stock. This was a fun card to make and it went together relatively quickly.

Thanks for looking in and I hope your Saturday evening is enjoyable.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Stitched Blooms and Tiny Tagalongs sets by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Pineapple Punch and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Taylored Expressions Potato Chip and Lemon Meringue, Alenew Leaf, Memento tuxedo black, Zig blue marker
Other: Stitched Blooms dies, SU Baker's Twine, SU glitter enamel dots, foam tape, Gemini Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!