About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Butterfly Kisses

Happy Saturday peeps,

After the usual weekend chores were completed this morning, I had a chance to sit down and make a couple of cards. I decided to play along with this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge. A super cool sketch this week with lots of possibilities. I actually made two cards, one portrait and one landscape, using the new Concord & 9th Butterfly sets.



I wanted to use some bright colors to go along with these butterflies. Both cards incorporate ink blending and emboss resist techniques.

For the first card, I used the Butterfly Love Turnabout set inked with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. After heat setting the powder, I used a blending tool with three shades of Distress Oxide inks. This background panel was trimmed and layered with first coral card stock then with yellow card stock per Lee Ann's sketch.

The focal butterfly is made with the Concord & 9th Beautiful Butterfly set die. It's cut three times from yellow, bright pink and coral card stocks. These were layered off-set and glued together. The butterfly's body is cut from coral card stock. The sentiment is heat embossed with white EP on pink card stock.



On the second card, I did the ink blending first. Using the heat tool, I dried the ink, then stamped the Butterfly turnabout stamp with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with clear EP. This gives a more subtle background image and looks really pretty IRL.

The same butterfly die was first cut in black and using the colored segments left over from the first card, I glued them into the black outlines of the butterfly. I used a piece of Pineapple Punch card stock behind to glue everything down then fussy cut around the black. For the small pieces along the outside of the wings, I used yellow Stickles over the yellow card stock.




I'm not really sure which I like better. I think they both turned out pretty, and they were quite fun to make too.

It's relatively early in the evening here on the West coast, so I think I can do a little more stamping before I call it a night.

Thanks,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Butterfly Love Turnabout set and Beautiful Butterfly set both by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Pineapple Punch, Calypso Coral, Pixie Pink and Basic Black card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry, VersaMark
Other: Misti, Gemini Jr, heat tool, SU clear EP, ink blender and sponges, Concord & 9th set dies, yellow Stickles, SU mini glue dots and dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous butterfly!! I love the bold colors that you used on both cards! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!