About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Hi Friend


Hello again,

This is my second post this afternoon. I made this card using inspiration from the  photo at the Inspired By Challenge blog. I used this week's  Freshly Made Sketches sketch again for the layout.







I used the daisy flower for my main focal point and added a little boarder of lace using white craft ink and white EP.  The background is made using the SU Country Floral 3D embossing folder. Before using it, i inked the smooth side with light yellow ink. After running it through the Big Shot, I trimmed a small amount off one edge to allow the stamped lace along the edge of the Summer Sun card base to show.

The daisy is stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink and colored with Copics then cut out using the corresponding die. The sentiment dies are also part of the set. They are cut from SU Basic Black card stock. I cut two sets and glued them together, then glued them onto the daisy. The dots over both i's are black enamel dots, and I brushed Wink of Stella over the words for a little sparkle.

Here is the inside of the card:



There you have it. Thanks again,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Mondo Daisy Stamp set from Essentials by Ellen (Ellen Hutson)
Paper: X-Press It Blending and SU Summer Sun card stocks
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Summer Sun, Hero white craft ink
Other: SU Country Floral 3D embossing folder, Mondo Daisy set dies,  SU white embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Wink of Stella, liquid glue, Big Shot, Gemini Jr, dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I honestly thought your background was some sort of lace! It is amazing! A great take on the sketch as well as the IB challenge! And Summer Sun....what a great color that was, sorry SU retired that one! A happy cheerful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Gorgeous background and that big daisy is so cool! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! Love that big beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background! It looks so fluffy! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week for my sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!