About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Congratulations Graduate

Hello,

My youngest nephew graduates today from high school. He has been awarded Valedictorian of his class. Yup, he's a smarty just like his older siblings.

Here's the card that I made for him. I combined several supplies from several different companies.


This Ellen Hutson bear stamp is one of my very favorite! He is so versatile! Using the corresponding die, I cut him out using X-Press It Blending card stock and then using the Misti, stamped him onto the cutout. I made his background using a cloud stencil and a brush. There are three ink colors in the clouds, Baja Breeze, Pale Plum and Powder Pink. The grassy hill is cut from Baja Breeze card stock using a Lawn Fawn die. The round balloon is also a Lawn Fawn die and the Mortar Board is a Taylored Expressions die. These are cut from metallic card stock.

The left side of the card is a piece of X-Press It Blending white card stock stamped using the Concord & 9th Stripes and Sayings set. The stripes are stamped in Baja Breeze ink and the sayings are stamped in Pale Plum. Using foam tape, the bear panel is raised up.

Here's the inside:






Unfortunately, since I'm working in Denver this week, I couldn't make it up to Portland to attend his graduation. Not sure why they held it during the week instead of on the weekend!?

I hope you're week is going well. Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: All Inside by Essentials by Ellen, Stripes and Sayings set by Concord & 9th,  and Dream Big by Taylored Expressions
Paper: SU Baja Breeze and X-Press It Blending and SSS metallic card stocks
Ink: Baja Breeze, Pale Plum, Powder Pink, Memento tuxedo black
Other: Cloud Stencil, All Inside set dies, Taylored Expressions Mortar Board die, Lawn Fawn Grassy Hill and balloon dies, Misti, Gemini Jr, foam tape, cloud stencil, blending brush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!