About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, June 29, 2019

You're the Bee's Knees

Hi and happy Saturday,

I'm running a little slow today! Yesterday was a 14 hour work day with lots of driving and I'm not as young as I used to be, LOL. After running a few Saturday errands and getting laundry started, I sat down to do a little stamping. CAS(E) this Sketch! has another fun sketch for us, so I decided to go with it to make my card. My Simon Says Stamp July card kit arrived sometime during the week, and I hadn't even opened it yet, and once I did this morning, I couldn't resist inking up one of these super cute bees and sentiments.







There is a small honeycomb die in the kit. I cut it several times using both SU Hello Honey and So Saffron card stock. The outlines were glued down the edge of the card per the sketch layout. I randomly glued some of the inside hexagons back into the outlines using both shades of yellow.

Using my Misti, I stamped the images with Memento tuxedo black and then colored the bee with Copics. I added a few sequins that came with the kit for embellishments. Other than the honeycomb, this is a one layer card.

More images from the set are used on the inside too.



Thanks for checking in. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Bee Yourself set by Simon Says Stamp (June kit)
Paper: Simon Says Stamp heavy white card stock, SU Hello Honey and So Saffron card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Gina K Prickly Pear, Copics
Other: Misti, Simon Says Stamp honeycomb die (July kit), SSS sequins, Gemini Jr, liquid glue

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your card is beeeutiful!!!! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE anything bee-y, and this is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!