About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Stay Cool

Hello stampers,

I hope that you're weekend has been fun and relaxing. I've certainly enjoyed being home for a couple of days. Work travel took me to Montana last week and tomorrow I fly to Denver for this week's work. I'm really, really hoping that this travel calms down soon! I guess I can be thankful that I'm not having to go to these places in the winter.

Yesterday was spent doing some chores in the morning and then going to a Little League Baseball game. Our little friend's team was playing in the championship game, so of course we needed to go watch. Happily, they won! Today, I've been in my craft room and having a great time. I managed to make three cards too.

This first one is for the new Paper Players Challenge. Ann has a fun theme challenge for us this week called Summer Vacation. I have tons of beachy stamps that would be perfect, but I wanted to use another new Concord & 9th set that I got a few week's ago. It's called Cool Treats Turnabout set. I didn't actually use the turnabout stamp, but I used some of the greeting stamps and the corresponding dies. I also used the Concord & 9th Faceted Turnabout Stencil for the background. The layout comes for the current Freshly Made Sketch.





I started by sponging some very summery SU inks using the Turnabout stencil onto a white panel. Ink colors are Pineapple Punch, Mango Melody, Lemon Lime Twist and Strawberry Slush. The panel was trimmed about 1/2 inch and layered it onto a piece of Mango Melody card stock and then finally onto the card base of Lemon Lime Twist. Using SU card stocks in the same shades as the inks, I cut the popsicles using the corresponding dies. After layering all of the elements according to the FMS, I used my Wink of Stella pen over the popsicles so they look frozen. Perfect to cool off with on a hot summer day.

The inside of the card uses the large popsicle die from the Concord & 9th set. Before cutting out the die, I stamped a pice of white card stock using the Concord & 9th Polka-dot stamp using Mango melody. The inside sentiment is from the Cool Treats set.



Have a great Sunday evening and thanks for looking,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Concord & 9th Cool Treats Turnabout set and Dotted Fill In set
Paper: X-Press It Blending, SU Pineapple Punch, Mango Melody, Lemon Lime Twist, Strawberry Slush, Crumb Cake
Ink: SU Pineapple Punch, Mango Melody, Lemon Lime Twist, Strawberry Slush, Gina K black
Other: Concord & 9th Cool Treats dies, Die-namics Wonky Stitched Circle and Spellbinders Circle dies, Simon Says Stamp banner dies, Concord & 9th Faceted Turnabout Stencil, SU sponge daubers, Misti, Wink of Stella, Gemini Jr, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip to Denver. We do have afternoon thunderstorms forecast all week so come prepared (but no snow which we were getting right up until the end of May!). I love your bright and cheerful popsicles - and the backbround is fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. Yes I know about that late May snow. I got stuck at the airport overnight when my flight to SD was cancelled due to it. I was connecting from St Paul, MN through Denver.

      Delete
  2. I have never had a job that had me traveling, so I haven't experienced how taxing that can be, but Colorado and Montana are sounding pretty good, lol! Your bright card screams summer! Those popsicles are great! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect summer card, Colleen! These popsicles look good enough to eat. Your stenciled background is awesome. Have safe travels! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ice lollies are so bright and colourful they really do look good enough to eat! I love that stenciled background too - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!