About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Life's A Beach

Hello and happy Sunday,

It's kind of a June Gloomy day here in my neck of the woods. It's not unusual to have lots of overcast on the coast here in southern California in May and June, especially in the mornings. Yesterday, we saw blue sky in the very late afternoon. Looks like more of the same for today. A very good excuse (not that I ever need one) to stay in and make cards.

Since it is Sunday, Claire is the hostess for the new Paper Players Challenge. She has a Clean & Simple theme challenge this week, and when I saw the inspiration banner, I knew exactly what stamp set to pull out. (I love when that happens, LOL!)






The images are from an Avery Elle set called Aloha and the sentiments are from another Avery Elle set called Beside the Sea. To make my little grouping, I stamped the hibiscus, masked it, stamped the coconut drink, masked it, then stamped the pineapple. The paper is X-Press It Blending card stock. I think it's the best for coloring with Copics. After the coloring was finished, I stamped the sentiment under the images. I knew I'd need to do a layer because Copics do bleed through to the back, so I just used the largest SU Stitched Rectangle to cut out the panel, then glued it to a side folding card base made from the same card stock.

I also kept the inside CAS using just one phrase and a couple of tiny images from the Beside the Sea set.



As the sentiment says, Enjoy your Day!
Thanks all,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Aloha and Beside the Sea sets by Avery Elle
Paper: X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Summer Sun
Other: SU Stitched Rectangle die, Gemini Jr

4 comments:

  1. Colleen, this is CAS perfection! I love the sentiment and the tropical feel of your card! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your image..I collect pineapples! Beautiful coloring! But the sentiment is just perfect! Thanks for playing along with the theme challenge this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO sweet....matches the challenge prompt perfectly, and your coloring is so vivid and intense, I feel like I can taste that yummy drink! Perfectly executed CAS creation for the Players this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen this is gorgeous! Bright, colourful and just like our badge this week. CAS perfection indeed! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!