About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, June 14, 2019

When Life Gives You Lemons. . .

T.G.I.F and hello!

After finishing up weekly reports and a couple of conference calls this morning, I decided to do a little stamping. Looking around blog-land I saw that the Inspired By Challenge blog has a new challenge up with a very pretty picture. Great "inspiration" and I almost immediately had an idea. I needed a layout too and thought that the Sunday Stamps sketch was perfect.





I remembered that I had this Avery Elle fruit set and the corresponding sentiment always makes me smile. Using the lemons, the wood grain in the table, and the stripes on the napkins for my inspiration points, I put my card together.

The background is Whisper White card stock stamped using some Concord & 9th stamps from their Peak-Through Patterns set. The ink is SU Blueberry Bushel. To make the wood panel, I used craft card stock and the SU 3D Woodgrain EF. Before running it through the Big Shot, I inked one side of the EF with Soft Suede ink. The panel was trimmed and layered with Blueberry Bushel card stock per the sketch design. The card base is also Blueberry Bushel. For the lemons, they are stamped with Memento tuxedo black onto Whisper White and colored with Copies. The sentiment is stamped with Night of Navy because I wanted a darker shade of blue here. I used foam tape to raise the woodgrain panel over the stripped panel and then the lemon with the sentiment is popped up with Dimensionals. A few small yellow sequins finish it all off.

The inside uses a greeting from a Mama Elephant set and the heart stamp is from Gina K. The background stripes are stamped with another Concord & 9th set.


This was a super fun card to put together with all of the stamping. I hope you enjoy it too.

Thanks all and Happy Friday,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Berry Good set by Avery Elle, Stripes and Sayings and Peak-Through Pattern sets by Concord & 9th, You Get Me set by Gina K, Scripty Notes set by Mama Elephant
Paper: SU Blueberry Bushel and Whisper White card stock
Ink: SU Blueberry Bushel, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Memento tuxedo black, Copics
Other: Berry Good dies, SU 3D Woodgrain embossing folder, Misti, Big Shot, Gemini Jr, foam tape, Dimensionals, yellow sequins

2 comments:

  1. So very cute - these bold colors really leap off the screen, and your funny sentiment made me giggle! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love the mix of blue with the lemons! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!