About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Celebrate Birthday Cards

 Hello all,

I hope you all had a fabulous "hump day." I started the day with eye surgery #2. I had the lens replaced in my left eye, due to cataracts. Just like my right eye, all went very well. Things are a little blurry, but other than that, it's all been good. I'm so glad to have both completed now.

Yesterday, I played around with LeAnne's sketch for the Paper Players Challenge. I made three cards, all using different supplies and techniques.

This first card is simply put together with some fun patterned papers, dies, and a pre-printed sentiment strip from the March SCT kit. I added some enamel dots from my stash. 


Here is the inside of this card. The stamped sentiment is from Concord & 9th.



To make this second card, I used masking paper, ink blending and silhouette stamping. All supplies are from Gina K Designs, including the pre-printed sentiment strip. I used three different GKD stamp sets on the three panels.



Here is the inside of the second card.



And finally, the third, and my favorite card. My favorite because it uses the same sketch, but looks quite different. I used the same stencil over three different patterned papers with three different ink colors, cut strips and put them back together to make the original image.



For the inside of this card, I used another piece of the patterned paper on the inside with the same stencil and a die cut sentiment. (I'm not sure why the card stock looks purple in the picture?! It's really pink like the picture above.)




Thanks, LeAnne, for such a fun sketch. I'll be saving this one for sure!

Have a good rest of the week, and thanks for looking in.

Colleen


Supplies Card 1
Paper: SU Daffodil Delight, Basic Black and Basic White care stock, Echo Park patterned papers from the SCT March 2022 Sampler
Die: SCT Celebrate die and shadow from March 2022 Sampler
Inside greeting stamp from Make A Wish set by Concord & 9th

Supplies Card 2
Stamps: Friendly Silhouettes, Autumn Silhouettes,  Natural Silhouettes, and Perfect Posy sets by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White and Black Onyx card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Sweet Mango, Sweet Corn, Lovely Lavender, Blue Denim and Black Onyx
Other: Gina K Designs Masking Magic, blending brushes, Birthday pre-printed sentiment strip, Disco Ball sequins, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 die set

Supplies Card 3
Stamps: GKD Mini Blossoms stamp set
Paper: SU Pretty In Pink, Basic White and Basic Black card stock and Pawsitively Prints (retired) DSP
Stencil: Gina K Designs Bold Bouquet 
Ink: Gina K Designs Bubble Gum Pink, Fresh Asparagus, Blue Denim and Blue Raspberry
Other: GKD blending brushes, SU tag die, Pink Fresh Studio Sparkling Diamonds Cover plate, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 die set, SSS Thank You die, Trinity pink gems



3 comments:

  1. Wowza! Eye surgery AND three cards! You're pretty amazing! These are all fabulous, but the third one really caught my eye, no pun intended! Thanks so much for playing with my sketch this week at the Paper Players! Glad you played along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Colleen! These are amazing cards. I love them all. The paper on the first is SO cute, and the blending on the second card is so well-done. I love the colors and how you flipped the sketch on the third card. I'm glad all went well with your surgery. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're on a creative roll, Colleen and your results are fabulous! I can see advantages for each of the cards - the first if fun, bright and easy and I like the bold lines the black mats provide. The third is an amazing concept, clever and creative! I LOVE best the color blends and the gorgeous silhouettes. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!