About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Hello

 Hi peeps,

I made the front panel of this card by using the partial die cutting technique for the three flowers in the lower right corner a few weeks ago, but then got rather frustrated about what to do with it, so I put it away in my box of unfinished projects. A few days ago, I pulled it out and played around with some different ideas and finally finished it. I'm not sure I love it, but as Gina and Tom always say on their FaceBook Live sessions, "it's better than horrible," and I'm sure I'll send it.

I've used several GKD stamp sets and a stencil and a coloring technique from one of Gina's Live demos.



The flowers are stamped first with Love Lavender ink, then I used a few darker purple shades of Zig markers to stamp over the lavender. Before adding the vase, flowers and sentiment, I used the flourish stencil to add some interest to the background, using Plum ink on the top white panel and using white craft ink on the inside panel.

The sentiment is a GKD hello die with shadow. The shadow is cut from vellum and the sentiment is cut twice and layered. I added some Nuvo clear glitter gel over the letters and after that dried, I went over them with some Glossy Effects.

Thanks for looking in,

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Flowing Florals set and Fresh Flowers set by Gina K Designs
Paper: Plumb Punch, Layering weight white card stock, and Vellum by GKD
Ink: GKD Plumb Punch, Lovely Lavender, Wild Lilac, Applemint and Zig markers
Other: GKD set dies,  GKD Hello dies, Misti, Gemini Jr, Connect glue, Nuvo clear glitter gel, Glossy Accents, GKD Harvest Flourish stencil


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!