About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Happy Birthday in Rainbows

 Hello. Happy Hump Day!

I received my order from the latest Gina K Designs release yesterday, and I couldn't wait to ink up some of my new stamps and use the latest Master Layouts die set. This ML#10 is for making full size slimline cards. It's similar to the ML#7 for mini-slimline cards. There is also a new layering stencil set called Confetti, so of course, I had to use it as well.




I started by cutting the stitched panel from white card stock, then using the layering stencil set to add the confetti using blending brushes and inks in rainbow colors. Because this is a very long panel, after inking the last color, blue, I flipped the panel and inked the same colors, but in reverse order.  For the 2nd stencil in the set, I used pink ink and for the 3rd, I used lavender ink.

I put this aside and cut the center elements from lavender and black. These dies are part of the ML10 die set. 

For the slice of cake, I first stamped the layers using rainbow colors, then stamped over using GKD clear embossing ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then stamped the cake slice using Warm Cocoa ink. I wiped the ink off the embossed layers, being very careful not to smear ink onto the white potions. To ink the rainbow on the candle, I just used corners of stamp cubes. All of the images were then cut out with the set dies.  After gluing everything together, I used Expresso Dimensional Pearls for frosting on the top and on the layers.

The larger Happy Birthday die is new too. I cut the shadow from vellum and the happy from black card stock. For the birthday, I blended dark and light lavender shades onto a scrap piece of white card stock, then die cut the word. Using liquid glue, I glued the words to the shadow.

Here is the inside of the card. 




I used an action wobbler behind the cake slice. So fun! 



Now I have another cute, and fun, birthday card for my stash. There's lots of friends with birthdays coming up this spring, so it will get used.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Birthday Bash set by Gina K Designs
Paper: Layering weight white, black, Lovely Lavender card stocks by GKD
Ink: Red Hot, Tangerine Twist, Wile Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Blue Raspberry, Lovely Lavender, Bubblegum Pink, Black Onyx and clear embossing ink by Gina K Designs
Other: Master Layouts 10 die set, Confetti Layering stencil, Happy Birthday die set with shadow die, Connect liquid glue, action wobbler, Misti, Gemini Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!